Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blandino Injury

Re: Blandino Injury

Quote Originally Posted by Homer's Ghost View Post
    Marty is on vacation this weekend. Jim Day was doing the game.

How much did you drink at the game lol
    Damn man. I had a $7 Coke and a 40oz bottle of water at mini mart for trip home

Lol, that makes good sense now but haha how the mind works. Brantley was on his own when we got to the car and then (apparently Jim) was doing a bunch of talkin and I said whoever that is isn’t too sure the Reds are winning this one. Then my wife says “well duh, that’s Marty” I was like well the 700 WLW reception isn’t great but sounds like he has (making a dialect sound I can’t put into a spelling) but it DID sound like Marty. Makes WAY more sense. I was like are Cowboy and Marty tickling each other? Day makes tons more sense but man he has a lot of verbal ways that do sound like calm Marty.

I thought it was Marty that was drunk....turns out it was me lol

2. Likes:

Puig Your Red (07-21-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Suarez the backup SS (which leads to another year of move Suarez to SS threads), Dilson plays 3b in the 3-4 starts Suarez gets at SS the rest of the way (preferably when Bailey pitches), and spells Suarez a few more times to give him a day off.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

How about Adam Duvall for Yu Chang? Duvall is an odd man out here and gets no love, but he'd help the Indians.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Has anyone heard how serious or what Blandino’s injury actually is? I didn’t see it but it sounds like it must have looked pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    How about Adam Duvall for Yu Chang? Duvall is an odd man out here and gets no love, but he'd help the Indians.
    I'd prefer Civale or Valera as the return for Duvall. SS isn't as pressing a need now.
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

Quote Originally Posted by Powder River View Post
    Has anyone heard how serious or what Blandino’s injury actually is? I didn’t see it but it sounds like it must have looked pretty bad.
    He was getting an MRI done today. Have not heard results.
    “I walk into the clubhouse today and it’s like walking into the Mayo Clinic. We have four doctors, three therapists and five trainers. Back when I broke in, we had one trainer who carried a bottle of rubbing alcohol, and by the 7th inning he’d already drunk it.” —Tommy Lasorda

9. Likes:

Powder River (07-21-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I'd prefer Civale or Valera as the return for Duvall. SS isn't as pressing a need now.
    I like Civale as well. I'm still not sold that SS is fixed. Let's get both.

Chang, Civale, and James Karnichak for Duvall and Hughes. The Reds will need Chang when they include Herrera in a deal. Scooter is staying and if not, Senzel is playing 2B. Herrera is limited to 2B and that makes him a poor bench option. He could start in some places (Detroit for sure and after Dozier leaves town, maybe Minnesota). Include him in a deal for an arm. .
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

The Reds should be able to pick up a backup SS as easily as they picked up a backup catcher in Casali. As they say, shake a tree, and a bunch of glove first SS fall out.
    “We’re going to get the pitching.” -Bob Castellini
    “You got the pitching, now what?” - Reds fans

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-21-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Homer's Ghost View Post
    Marty is on vacation this weekend. Jim Day was doing the game.

How much did you drink at the game lol
    Not to hijack the thread, but the guy doesn't work a full schedule and its only from March - October - the Reds really need to rethink their broadcasting team and go with a few set guys.
    Goodbye Homer!

Torn ACL
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

torn acl

Brandon Dixon up

Dirty? Probably not

Extremely poor execution? Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    Torn ACL
    Poor guy hope he comes back healthy during next season. That injury was on the Reds the game should have never been played.
    Crazy Reds Fan

18. Likes:

JCM11 (07-21-2018),Kingspoint (07-21-2018),Powder River (07-21-2018),redsmetz (07-21-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    Dirty? Probably not

Extremely poor execution? Absolutely
    I agree likely not intentional but if that was the other way around someone from the Reds would have taken a fastball in the back. Thats the Hurdle way.

Blandino is out in Goodyear playing in extended spring training. It's being reported that he could be sent on a rehab assignment very soon.

Go Stanford Cardinal Baseball

21. Likes:

goreds2 (05-20-2019),klw (05-20-2019)

Turn Off Ads?