Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter Greene sprained UCL- out for rest of season

Re: Hunter Greene

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Less hits than innings pitched and over 11 strikeouts per 9 is “extremely hittable?”
    8.9 H/9 and .8 hr/9 in low A. Yeah, I consider that extremely hittable considering his velocity.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    8.9 H/9 and .8 hr/9 in low A. Yeah, I consider that extremely hittable considering his velocity.
    45 hits in his last 58.2 innings, which is good for a 6.9 H/9

But you haven't been shy about rooting against him since day one, so I know this is a big day for you.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (08-06-2018),RedTeamGo! (08-03-2018),TheBigLebowski (08-03-2018)

Re: Hunter Greene sprained UCL- out for rest of season

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    "Just a sprain"
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

6. Likes:

757690 (08-03-2018),cumberlandreds (08-03-2018),HeatherC1212 (08-06-2018),M2 (08-03-2018),TRF (08-03-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    45 hits in his last 58.2 innings, which is good for a 6.9 H/9

But you haven't been shy about rooting against him since day one, so I know this is a big day for you.
    Difference in rooting against and not believing in a player.

The reality is, assuming it’s just a sprained UCL and doesn’t require TJ, he only misses 4-5 more outings. Not a huge deal, assuming of course this doesn’t become a precursor to TJ- which is a big assumption.
    Go BLUE!!!

Difference in rooting against and not believing in a player.
    Game started at 730, he had a photoshoot at 815.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

10. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (08-03-2018)

I don't see how the Reds could have developed him any more cautiously. They did everything but shrink-wrap him.

12. Likes:

REDREAD (08-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by osuceltic View Post
    I don't care how highly regarded the guy is, it's never a good idea to draft a high school pitcher that high. Even if he stays healthy, the odds are stacked against him. And serious injury is so common. In Greene's case, you also have to add in the fact that he had been treated with kid gloves. This isn't hindsight -- it was all true at the time of the draft.
    I agree completely. How many years does it take for an 18 year old to get to the majors? Even if it's short, so many things can go wrong. IMO, a top draft pick should be nearly ready to play in the majors with enough college experience where he won't be blown away.

Should they shift him to hitting? He’s still young

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    I agree completely. How many years does it take for an 18 year old to get to the majors? Even if it's short, so many things can go wrong. IMO, a top draft pick should be nearly ready to play in the majors with enough college experience where he won't be blown away.
    Not drafting Greene would have been malpractice

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

This angers me on so many different levels.

16. Likes:

Alabama (08-03-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    The reality is, assuming it’s just a sprained UCL and doesn’t require TJ, he only misses 4-5 more outings. Not a huge deal, assuming of course this doesn’t become a precursor to TJ- which is a big assumption.
    A sprain is a tear. Which means his UCL is torn. Which is almost always a precursor to eventually needing Tommy John surgery. Better hope he gets the best of those PRP injections.

18. Likes:

REDREAD (08-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I don't see how the Reds could have developed him any more cautiously. They did everything but shrink-wrap him.
    They skipped the rookie leagues and had him throw 68.1 IP (18 starts) to date after pitching almost not at all last season. That's not exactly babying him. I'm not saying that's why he's got a sprained UCL, just that there was a more cautious approach they could have taken. There also was a more aggressive approach they could have taken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    This angers me on so many different levels.
    I'd start with the one where they lied to you.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

20. Likes:

Kinsm (08-03-2018),mth123 (08-03-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I'd start with the one where they lied to you.
    I'll give the Cincinnati Reds credit here: I reached out to them for a comment when the lineups came out and the Dragons officials at the time had no comment/no statement on why Hunter Greene wasn't pitching, and they told me no comment. Six hours later when the game was over I was able to go into the clubhouse and speak with the manager and that's when I was lied to.

22. Likes:

757690 (08-03-2018),Alabama (08-03-2018),M2 (08-03-2018),Revering4Blue (08-03-2018),Tom Servo (08-03-2018)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Should they shift him to hitting? He’s still young

- - - Updated - - -

I heard that as a SS he would have been a late 1st round pick.

presumably he's needs rehab to play SS anyway.

If you want to develop him at a different position, you've really taken a large part of his value away.

Plenty of time to change him to a hitter if you feel you need to go that route.

I think too many people have put too much stock in Greene. He is just 19. We have 4 or 5 pitchers that are 25 and are being called kids and it is being said that they are still learning to pitch. So dosent that make Greene like 6 years out before he becomes a pitcher of any real impact? 6 years. He could get hit by a bus before then. The Reds could move somewhere like Charlotte or Nashville. The stadium could slide into the river. Senzel might even be gone before then.

Turn Off Ads?