Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 95

Thread: IU Football-2018

  1. #1
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,156

    IU Football-2018

    Nice little piece on the IU admin's screw-up that affected one of their prized recruits last year........

    https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/indi...s-coming-soon/
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  2. Likes:

    BillDoran (08-11-2018)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,017

    Re: IU Football-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Nice little piece on the IU admin's screw-up that affected one of their prized recruits last year........

    https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/indi...s-coming-soon/
    The fact that Bryant Fitzgerald could not play football last year is abominable. There's plenty of blame to go around, but, holy cow, the NCAA's immediate denials were appallingly bad.

    Just one more piece of evidence as to why the NCAA needs to be blown up.

  5. #3
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,156

    Re: IU Football-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    The fact that Bryant Fitzgerald could not play football last year is abominable. There's plenty of blame to go around, but, holy cow, the NCAA's immediate denials were appallingly bad.

    Just one more piece of evidence as to why the NCAA needs to be blown up.
    Well what is done is done. Looking forward to seeing him on the field this year.

    Looking at the schedule I would guess right around that 6-6 mark. But I am keeping my fingers crossed for 8-4.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  6. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,663

    Re: IU Football-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Well what is done is done. Looking forward to seeing him on the field this year.

    Looking at the schedule I would guess right around that 6-6 mark. But I am keeping my fingers crossed for 8-4.
    My concern with this year's bunch is that the starting QB's will continue to underwhelm with no one guy proving to be head and shoulders above the other two.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

  7. #5
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    19,316

    Re: IU Football-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    My concern with this year's bunch is that the starting QB's will continue to underwhelm with no one guy proving to be head and shoulders above the other two.
    Hmmm, sounds like what's going on in Knoxville...

  8. #6
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,156

    Re: IU Football-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    My concern with this year's bunch is that the starting QB's will continue to underwhelm with no one guy proving to be head and shoulders above the other two.
    http://www.idsnews.com/article/2018/...qbbattle081418
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  9. #7
    Member Playadlc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    2,373

    Re: IU Football-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Good read. I think Dawkins wins the job because he’s more explosive running the ball.
    DLC11@Insightbb.com

  10. #8
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,156

    Re: IU Football-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Good read. I think Dawkins wins the job because he’s more explosive running the ball.
    https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...en/1040536002/
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  11. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,663

    Re: IU Football-2018

    Apparently Ramsey's won the job. Quite honestly, he's the one I'm least excited in seeing win it, but hopefully he surpasses my expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

  12. #10
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,156

    Re: IU Football-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Apparently Ramsey's won the job. Quite honestly, he's the one I'm least excited in seeing win it, but hopefully he surpasses my expectations.
    Yeah, I am disappointed myself.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  13. #11
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,156

    Re: IU Football-2018

    And what would IU football be with out a suspension? Morgan Ellison has been suspended indefinitely. One starter down....who is next?
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  14. #12
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    1,939

    Re: IU Football-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    And what would IU football be with out a suspension? Morgan Ellison has been suspended indefinitely. One starter down....who is next?
    Looks like Ellison has been Wally Pipped. Then again, assuming Ellison returns from his suspension, the Hoosiers will have an embarrassment of riches at the RB position.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1)Morning people
    2)Normal people

  15. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (09-10-2018),Hoosier Red (09-11-2018)

  16. #13
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,156

    Re: IU Football-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Looks like Ellison has been Wally Pipped. Then again, assuming Ellison returns from his suspension, the Hoosiers will have an embarrassment of riches at the RB position.
    I am really starting to get excited about this squad.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  17. Likes:

    dubc47834 (09-10-2018)

  18. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,663

    Re: IU Football-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Looks like Ellison has been Wally Pipped. Then again, assuming Ellison returns from his suspension, the Hoosiers will have an embarrassment of riches at the RB position.
    I'm doing my best not to get too attached to any of the guys, but Penix, Scott, and Taylor sure have looked impressive.
    One thing I've noticed over the last 5-10 years is that the talent level at IU has upgraded primarily at the bottom of the roster. I heard Buck Suhr say prior to the first game of the season, there's no one on the travel roster that doesn't at least look like a Big Ten football player.
    However, outside of Tevin Coleman and Jordan Howard(the latter of whom fell into the Hoosiers laps), there haven't been any players that really scream future NFL playmaker. One reason they've been able to whether the graduations/NFL promotions of the WR so well is that they have a lot of guys who are fringy NFL talent WR.

    On one hand, this is good. It sets a floor above where previous IU teams would fall. I don't think any team in Tom Allen's tenure will fail to win a Big Ten game for instance, or go 2-10.
    However, the next step is finding (and developing) those next level talents that can elevate the team from the muddled middle to the tier of pretty good/occasionally great B1G teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

  19. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (09-12-2018),Revering4Blue (09-13-2018)

  20. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,973

    Re: IU Football-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I'm doing my best not to get too attached to any of the guys, but Penix, Scott, and Taylor sure have looked impressive.
    One thing I've noticed over the last 5-10 years is that the talent level at IU has upgraded primarily at the bottom of the roster. I heard Buck Suhr say prior to the first game of the season, there's no one on the travel roster that doesn't at least look like a Big Ten football player.
    However, outside of Tevin Coleman and Jordan Howard(the latter of whom fell into the Hoosiers laps), there haven't been any players that really scream future NFL playmaker. One reason they've been able to whether the graduations/NFL promotions of the WR so well is that they have a lot of guys who are fringy NFL talent WR.

    On one hand, this is good. It sets a floor above where previous IU teams would fall. I don't think any team in Tom Allen's tenure will fail to win a Big Ten game for instance, or go 2-10.
    However, the next step is finding (and developing) those next level talents that can elevate the team from the muddled middle to the tier of pretty good/occasionally great B1G teams.
    Pretty spot on assessment. Hopefully as a result of what you mentioned, the next time a dynamic guy like Tevin Coleman does come through, the surrounding cast will be good enough to turn the team into an upper tier big ten team.

    Have you read/heard about the new trainers that were brought onto IU staff? They sound like they are working wonders with the athletes and could really be an advantage for the Hoosiers over some other squads of similar talent levels. Nice to see them on the front edge of player development, unlike another team that wears Red.

    https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...my/1195826002/
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

  21. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (09-12-2018),Hoosier Red (09-14-2018),Revering4Blue (09-13-2018)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | JaxRed | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator