Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: IU Football-2018

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: IU Football-2018

2. Likes:

Griffey012 (09-13-2018),Hoosier Red (09-14-2018),Revering4Blue (09-13-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    5'10" 160 lbs? How's that going to work in the Big Ten? Hell, Billy Hamilton's bigger than that

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    5'10" 160 lbs? How's that going to work in the Big Ten? Hell, Billy Hamilton's bigger than that
    A) I think it's wise to take these measurements with a grain or two of salt.
    B) I would imagine an 18-year-old entering a serious weight-training program might be able add a few pounds.

6. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-13-2018),Revering4Blue (09-17-2018)

What would the SEC do with him?

The athletic cornerback chose Indiana over offers from Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Michigan State, Rutgers, Kentucky, Louisville, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Syracuse, TCU, Bowling Green, Central Florida, Florida Atlantic, Middle Tennessee State, Southern Miss, Temple and UAB.

What would the SEC do with him?

The athletic cornerback chose Indiana over offers from Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Michigan State, Rutgers, Kentucky, Louisville, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Syracuse, TCU, Bowling Green, Central Florida, Florida Atlantic, Middle Tennessee State, Southern Miss, Temple and UAB.
    I don't know a lot about him. My guess is that he'd be a nickel corner and a special teams guy

I don't know a lot about him. My guess is that he'd be a nickel corner and a special teams guy
    Well his older brother is a CB for Clemson. And I think I also read that Lamar Jackson is a cousin. Appears to come from a good gene pool.

Well his older brother is a CB for Clemson. And I think I also read that Lamar Jackson is a cousin. Appears to come from a good gene pool.
    His older brother is 6'2" 190 lbs. He was the #2 CB in the country coming out of high school.

His older brother is 6'2" 190 lbs. He was the #2 CB in the country coming out of high school.
    Yeah, I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Pretty spot on assessment. Hopefully as a result of what you mentioned, the next time a dynamic guy like Tevin Coleman does come through, the surrounding cast will be good enough to turn the team into an upper tier big ten team.

Have you read/heard about the new trainers that were brought onto IU staff? They sound like they are working wonders with the athletes and could really be an advantage for the Hoosiers over some other squads of similar talent levels. Nice to see them on the front edge of player development, unlike another team that wears Red.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...my/1195826002/
    Yeah I've seen that. I don't see myself as cynical, but 20+ years of weekends spent with IU and the Bengals will do that to a man. And 18 years prior watching UC and the Bengals, for those keeping score, I left being a UC fan almost the minute they became a watchable football program.

The "trainers are working wonders' ring a little bit like "the players coming into training camp in the best shape of his life" story to me.

That said, it is nice to see IUFB using any avenue out there to gain an upper leg on the competition. IU works at so many natural disadvantages compared to the rest of B1G East, it's nice if they can give themselves even the slightest edge, for however long it lasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

13. Likes:

BillDoran (09-15-2018),Revering4Blue (09-15-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Yeah I've seen that. I don't see myself as cynical, but 20+ years of weekends spent with IU and the Bengals will do that to a man. And 18 years prior watching UC and the Bengals, for those keeping score, I left being a UC fan almost the minute they became a watchable football program.

The "trainers are working wonders' ring a little bit like "the players coming into training camp in the best shape of his life" story to me.

That said, it is nice to see IUFB using any avenue out there to gain an upper leg on the competition. IU works at so many natural disadvantages compared to the rest of B1G East, it's nice if they can give themselves even the slightest edge, for however long it lasts.
    Meh, IU has steadily through the years improved their facilities which includes training. They just need to turn the corner on the field...and being in the B1G East hampers that.

IU cruises........makes me wonder about how good ND is?

16. Likes:

Hoosier Red (09-16-2018),Revering4Blue (09-17-2018)

Nice piece on IU's freshman sensation..........

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/stev...ushing-charts/

18. Likes:

Hoosier Red (09-17-2018),Revering4Blue (09-17-2018)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Especially happy for J-Shun Harris after all he’s been through. A valuable weapon, for sure.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

20. Likes:

Hoosier Red (09-18-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Especially happy for J-Shun Harris after all he’s been through. A valuable weapon, for sure.
    Speaking of Harris and Scott.......

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2018/9/1...1g-honors.aspx

Turn Off Ads?