Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 8/28/2018 Reds vs Brew Makers

Re: 8/28/2018 Reds vs Brew Makers

Even though I'm on self-exile, it appears the bullpen is wearing out.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    You think? Lol

You have a manager that doesn’t have a clue in managing a bullpen!! You have Hernandez warming up along with Iglesias and you bring Iglesias out for a 4 out save! What?? You can’t trust Hernandez to get the be out!! What a slap in face to Hernandez. That did not make any sense! In fact bringing out Peralta in the 8th was a stupid move! Hernandez with a 2.13 Era and you put in Peralta! Two stupid moves within an inning!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Scooter through 132 games is leading NL in batting avg
    That scooter guy is good at baseball hitting

Redzone thinks it's all smoke and mirrors..
    Last edited by '69; 08-28-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseballdad37 View Post
    You have a manager that doesn’t have a clue in managing a bullpen!! You have Hernandez warming up along with Iglesias and you bring Iglesias out for a 4 out save! What?? You can’t trust Hernandez to get the be out!! What a slap in face to Hernandez. That did not make any sense! In fact bringing out Peralta in the 8th was a stupid move! Hernandez with a 2.13 Era and you put in Peralta! Two stupid moves within an inning!!
    I get the frustration and point with Peralta. The other decision could have just been based on matchups. Riggleman has done some head scratchers, for the most part his quick hook and working the bullpen has worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by '69 View Post
    I get the frustration and point with Peralta. The other decision could have just been based on matchups. Riggleman has done some head scratchers, for the most part his quick hook and working the bullpen has worked out.
    My question to you, was there a need for Iglesias to go out in the 8th while Hernandez was already warmed up? That to me is a head scratcher!! Never mind the fact Hernandez didn’t go out for 8th inning. Hitters are hitting below .200 against Hernandez so matchups shouldn’t have been an issue.

Without going through the matchups it's not a slam dunk it was the wrong call. Hernandez had a recent run of coming in and promply giving up HRs also.

That's what happens when your starters average 5 innings.

Quote Originally Posted by '69 View Post
    Without going through the matchups it's not a slam dunk it was the wrong call. Hernandez had a recent run of coming in and promply giving up HRs also.
    it's not like Hughes isn't giving up HRs on a daily basis and he uses him almost every day. Bringing in Iglesias was a slap in the face to a guy who has been lights out 85%-90% of of the time. And let's not even talk about Peralta who's performances have been completely awful! Yea I would say it was a slam dunk wrong call.

Turn Off Ads?