Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football - 2018 Season

Re: Ohio State Football - 2018 Season

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    It's fairly TV contract driven. A lot of those start to come up again in 2022/23, so I suspect that's when we will start to hear the rumblings.
    Its funny because this was the case when Conference realignment started a decade plus ago. However, I wonder how much that will come into play in five more years. With all the cord cutting, the power that conference networks have will continue to diminish. I know the B1G errored substantially when they decided to move the basketball tournament to Madison Square Gardens. There were reporters commenting, now these reporters can be a pretty whiny bunch, that they couldn't find the BTN in their hotel room. I think in five or so years you will see most of the major networks offered on an a la carte basis. You could subscribe to the BTN and their events. I just don't think the networks will have as much power as they did a decade ago in cable company negotiations.

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-10-2018),HeatherC1212 (10-10-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Its funny because this was the case when Conference realignment started a decade plus ago. However, I wonder how much that will come into play in five more years. With all the cord cutting, the power that conference networks have will continue to diminish. I know the B1G errored substantially when they decided to move the basketball tournament to Madison Square Gardens. There were reporters commenting, now these reporters can be a pretty whiny bunch, that they couldn't find the BTN in their hotel room. I think in five or so years you will see most of the major networks offered on an a la carte basis. You could subscribe to the BTN and their events. I just don't think the networks will have as much power as they did a decade ago in cable company negotiations.
    Damn good point.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I actually think that makes consolidation more likely. Conferences will need to maximize profitability for their a la carte packages and having more teams will help. It could mean the Big 10 says see you later to a school like Rutgers though.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I actually think that makes consolidation more likely. Conferences will need to maximize profitability for their a la carte packages and having more teams will help. It could mean the Big 10 says see you later to a school like Rutgers though.
    The Ohio States, Michigans, Michigan States and Penn States of the Big 10 and other conferences have to make a decision on whether to keep the status quo or jettison the weaker programs in favor of forming super conferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    The Ohio States, Michigans, Michigan States and Penn States of the Big 10 and other conferences have to make a decision on whether to keep the status quo or jettison the weaker programs in favor of forming super conferences.
    I don't think any of the traditional B1G programs will every be jettisoned from the conference. I fully believe the B1G regrets Rutgers, but if they gave them the boot, there would be battles in the courtroom for years.

8. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-10-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Nah. The question is what 2 schools will they add?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Nah. The question is what 2 schools will they add?
    Name:  Bevo-UT_jpg_800x1000_q100.jpeg
Views: 453
Size:  55.3 KB
    Go Gators!

Hmmmm....so we need to add two more schools?
    Can't we just take the four crappy, and perennial, bottom-dwellers in the B10 and combine them to get two competitive football programs out of it? LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Can't we just take the four crappy, and perennial, bottom-dwellers in the B10 and combine them to get two competitive football programs out of it? LOL
    And basketball?

And basketball?
    You can do that too, but I'm not a huge fan of basketball, don't follow it much (except March Madness)
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    You can do that too, but I'm not a huge fan of basketball, don't follow it much (except March Madness)
    LOL, it ain't happening.

Urban’s loyalty to his friends, first Zach Smith, and now Bill Davis, really hamstrings this team. The LBs are out of position on every play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This OSU defense is trash. Time for Schiano and Davis to go.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Losing Bosa is obviously a big deal, but the holes these RBs have to run through are embarrassing

Nice to get a turnover there but that’s about the 5th time that slant across the middle has been wide open. No adjustments on defense at all. On one of the few plays where the MN QB had to throw outside it got picked, but we’re giving him the middle wide open...

Turn Off Ads?