Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football - 2018 Season

Re: Ohio State Football - 2018 Season

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I don’t think the play calling will be much/any different with Urban. J.T. just simply can’t make the throws that Haskins can make. 11W has a film study article this week, and they are using the same formations on third down that they did last year. Difference is J.T. would run for 3 yards and Haskins hits someone as soon as they pop open with a short pass.
    There was a lot of talk about JT being a very good runner, and someone that was very hard to tackle. He may not be able to break off the long run, but he was very good at getting 4-5-6 yards when need be. I think the biggest thing with JT wasn't exactly his arm strength, it was he just wasn't accurate. He didn't hit runners in stride, and I don't know if that was accuracy or the inability to cut the ball loose. I do think there is something to be said about the ability to run JT on 1st down and get 5 yards a carry. It puts you in great down and distance, it constantly puts the defense on its heels, and it really opens up the playbook. In reality JT's best game, or best half, was against PSU when he was just cutting the ball loose. Its a shame he played too few games that way over the course of his career.

I think the game plan with Urban to start the season may have been a little more conservative than what we have seen. But I think his ability to just sit back and watch what works will be good for Urban. Its one thing for Day to say, boss do this, and get overruled. Its a completely different thing for Day to say, boss do this, now watch it in action. Again this is against Rutgers and Oregon St. but the offense has looked like it was on fire. Facing TCU's pass rush will change things, but I still think OSU will be able to get their play makers in space, and that will be a very good thing.

2. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (09-11-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Going to the game today. First time at the stadium, which I’m excited to check out.

There are a lot of OSU fans down here. I’m staying in downtown Dallas and every bar I’ve been in has been packed with Buckeyes.

5. Likes:

BillDoran (09-15-2018),HeatherC1212 (09-15-2018),Redsfaithful (09-15-2018),Roy Tucker (09-15-2018)

Looked like there were some feet out of bounds on that OSU TD suprised they didn’t take a look.

7. Likes:

GAC (09-16-2018)

TCU was well-prepared for this game. They look like the better team.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Winning is fun.

I can't remember an Ohio State team with worse linebacker and safety play.

Winning is fun.

I agree that the TCU safety should not have been ejected for targeting. But I've seen OSU players tossed for less.

Getting a little too cute TCU...

Winning is fun.

Bosa limping around like he won't be ready in two weeks for Penn State.

Some of these throws by the TCU QB have absolutely threaded the needle. Either he is having the game of his life or he will be a Heisman contender.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Good win for OSU tonite. Good hard faught win and against a good team on the road.
    I'm out...like a fat kid in dodgeball

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Looked like there were some feet out of bounds on that OSU TD suprised they didn’t take a look.
    That wasn't a TD... but we'll take it! LOL

That's the total yardage in this game. Amazing! I was suffering from a nervous stomach that entire game (LOL). Just didn't feel right about it going into the 4th Quarter. For the most part, nobody was stopping anybody. A majority of the time they were shooting themselves in the foot. And I've never seen a guy (TCU coach) sweat that much! LOL

OSU's defense came up big when it had to, and put points on the board - but 500+ yards allowed. Is it simply the fact that both of these offenses are solid/high-powered, and even good defenses would struggle against them? Solid strategy by TCU to try and speed things up, play an up-tempo game. I think it kinda kept OSU back on their heels quite a bit, and I'm sure future OSU opponents will be studying this game film. I just couldn't believe some of the holes that were opened up for Anderson. Of course I think that kid could made it through the smallest of holes. He's that athletic/fast IMO (LOL).

Impressed with Haskins. He kept his cool/poise, even when taking some shots. And, IMO, showed true leadership in bringing the team back. He never seemed shaken at all. Again, I was impressed. And the kid can put the ball there! I thought RB Dobbins was running like a man on a mission. Is TCU just that bad at tackling, or is he just that hard to bring down?
    Last edited by GAC; 09-16-2018 at 04:32 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Had a great time at the game. The stadium is awesome. I never waited in a line for a beer or the rest room, easy to find where you’re going, seats were nice and comfortable. Just a really well thought out stadium. The crowd was at least 75% OSU.

Honestly I wasn’t ever worried. I thought we looked better and just missed on some execution and some calls. Mack’s drops were brutal. The PI call that set up their first TD was brutal. It took Day a little too long to exploit the perimeter and stop trying to force the run. But overall I thought it was a good performance. There’s a good chance TCU is the best or second best team we play this season.

17. Likes:

BillDoran (09-17-2018),HeatherC1212 (09-17-2018)

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Bad news for Nick Bosa fans....he's out for a while after having surgery today. Time for the next man up mentality to come into play. Get well soon though Nick!

Story: https://sports.yahoo.com/ohio-state-...164956997.html

Letterman Row has an article too: https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-...e-urban-meyer/
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Yeah that's too bad. We can beat Penn St without him though. We need him to beat Alabama, so take your time buddy.

20. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (09-20-2018)

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Yeah that's too bad. We can beat Penn St without him though. We need him to beat Alabama, so take your time buddy.
    Agreed. The other guys are all ready talking about the next man or men stepping up in Nick's place so it wouldn't shock me to see them play with a bigger passion and energy level while Nick is out.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Turn Off Ads?