Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football - 2018 Season

Re: Ohio State Football - 2018 Season

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    One thing that has developed as a pattern with Penn St is starting slow and throwing up a bunch of second half points. Maybe their coaches are really smart and they make great adjustments. More likely is they are relying on overcoming outmatched opponents as the game goes on and they absolutely won’t be able to do that Saturday.
    And I concur with that theory...Who have they really played? Illinois had them down half way through the 3rd quarter. And then PSU puts up 42 unanswered.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Penn St. is probably a double digit underdog if they don't pull the Appalachin St. game out of their rears. Their defense is not up to usual Penn St. standards. I say they stay close for a half with home field advantage, then Ohio St. pulls away and coasts in the second half to at least a two score win.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

I am not really worried about the back 7. I am worried somewhat about the LB corps and the safety next to Jordan Fuller. Fuller will be an early draft pick and solidifies the defense. Since Fuller has returned, there have been only a few big plays, against a good TCU offense, that have happened. One was on a long run that the LB made a wrong read, and one was on Wint taking a terrible angle on a deep pass. I hope the days of the Wint/Pryor rotation are over. I hope they just stick with Pryor and let that be that.

I do think we are at a state in college football were offense are run rampant. Holding a team to 17-21 points is going to get you a win in most games. The thing with this current OSU team, is if the defense can make enough plays, the offense is so explosive its difficult to slow the team down. Is PSU going to make Haskins beat them or going to defense the pass and let Dobbins/Weber run wild?

5. Likes:

RiverRat13 (09-25-2018)

So I have listened and read a little more about this game. The one thing that really stuck out to me was the sentiment that OSU "could" be quite a big better than PSU. Its plausible that OSU is 2+ scores better than PSU. The things I have heard about PSU is they are talented, a little raw on offense and defense without a lot of household names. The one thing that people keep point to is the "White Out" and how crazy things have happened. Now don't get me wrong, crazy things have happened in football games, the kick 6, OSU in PSU two years ago, MSU returning a botched P for a TD to beat UM. The problem is, counting on those things to happen is a fools errand.

My question about PSU is, where are they better than OSU? And I could be completely wrong, but I just don't see it. Last year you could argue that Barklay was the best player on the field and that McSorley was a better QB than JT. I just don't see it this year. I think OSU has weaknesses on D, I think that is a little overstated, I also think that OSU has been far more tested this season than PSU. Not only the game in Dallas, but also the entire off season.

Logically I say hit OSU giving the points hard. Stranger things have happened in football, but I just think this OSU team is far more talented than PSU, they have a better coach, and are a more tested team. But then again Christian Hackenberg took OSU to overtime the year they won it all.

7. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (09-28-2018)

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

Logically I say hit OSU giving the points hard. Stranger things have happened in football, but I just think this OSU team is far more talented than PSU, they have a better coach, and are a more tested team. But then again Christian Hackenberg took OSU to overtime the year they won it all.
    Which that only became close because a dlineman got in the way of a pass and returned a pick 6 to start the second half. It was fluky that PS was even in that game, and Bosa made all right with the world with the blocker drive into Hackenburg's leg to end it.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Haskins has a bit of a deer in the headlights look. Settle down, son.
    Freak out in a moonage daydream oh yeah

OSU receivers can’t catch. That seems like it could be a problem.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Poor angles by the DBs again.

Bring back Ryan Day !!!
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

13. Likes:

dubc47834 (09-29-2018)

That’s a terrible PF call to take 3 points off the board.

And that’s a terrible PI call.

I need to calm down.

They didn't take nearly enough time off the clock on that TD drive.

This is nerve racking.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Huge stop there.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Phew.

Thank you Penn State for that horrible play call on 4th down.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

That game took about fifteen years off my life and I was so nervous that I couldn't even watch it tonight. What a hard fought win for the Buckeyes. Whew!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Turn Off Ads?