Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football - 2018 Season

Re: Ohio State Football - 2018 Season

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The schedule sets up nice now for OSU. Their next big test will be at MSU and they have over a month to get ready.
    MSU has always been a stubborn foe for OSU. And East Lansing is not a fun place to play either. Two years ago, in East Lansing, the highly favored Bucks had to hold on for a 17-16 win.

James Franklin reminds me right now of Lloyd Carr. Good coach, good recruiter, just seems to be lacking something against OSU (post Cooper years)
    I'd have to say it's simply the pressure, and in the effort to get the win over a favored team, what's at stakes, and maybe trying to get a "monkey" off your back, it forces coaches to make rash/questionable decisions outside their norm. It unsettles them. Especially afterwards when they're saying "What was I thinking?" LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-02-2018),Revering4Blue (10-02-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

How it is going to go from an IU perspective.....

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/indi...nd-prediction/

Unless there is massive improvement, this defense is not nearly good enough to win a National Title.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Unless there is massive improvement, this defense is not nearly good enough to win a National Title.
    Kind of missing a big piece at the moment.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

tOSU played a sloppy game. Let down?

I think it was a letdown by OSU. If that game had been at Bloomington, the Buckeyes would have been in trouble. Scrappy game by Indiana. OSU was lethargic.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I think it was a letdown by OSU. If that game had been at Bloomington, the Buckeyes would have been in trouble. Scrappy game by Indiana. OSU was lethargic.
    To be honest they were in trouble for 3 quarters of this game. IU abandoned the running game early. But the Hoosiers still got near 400 yards of offense, most of it through the air. That happened with 2 of IU's best receivers inactive. That being said the Bucks secondary needs some tweaking. But the bottom line is the final score. And I would like to add that I appreciate Urban running out the clock.....they could have scored easily to end the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    To be honest they were in trouble for 3 quarters of this game.
    lol no

To be honest they were in trouble for 3 quarters of this game. IU abandoned the running game early. But the Hoosiers still got near 400 yards of offense, most of it through the air. That happened with 2 of IU's best receivers inactive. That being said the Bucks secondary needs some tweaking. But the bottom line is the final score. And I would like to add that I appreciate Urban running out the clock.....they could have scored easily to end the game.
    Yeah. IU hung with them as long as they could, but I would never frame it as “OSU was in trouble.”

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Yeah. IU hung with them as long as they could, but I would never frame it as “OSU was in trouble.”
    The way they were playing....yeah I would. IU just never did capitalize on the Buck's "mistakes". But I have gotten use to it.

I went and cleaned out my garage when OSU went up 35-20, but I wasn't even slightly alarmed when IU was winning.

I think the defense has some problems, but this is also the first offense in a little while where I feel like they can hang in a shootout. So we'll see.

15. Likes:

GAC (10-07-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I went and cleaned out my garage when OSU went up 35-20, but I wasn't even slightly alarmed when IU was winning.

I think the defense has some problems, but this is also the first offense in a little while where I feel like they can hang in a shootout. So we'll see.
    To be honest I was just amazed at how IU passed against the 'Nuts. I didn't understand that all. Offense wise on your end I was very impressed with how you moved. The Hoosiers had no answers.

The way they were playing....yeah I would. IU just never did capitalize on the Buck's "mistakes". But I have gotten use to it.
    I respect the hell out of IU and wish them the best the rest of the way.

But the only “trouble” I found OSU in today was that the final score might not look so pretty.

OSU has some cleaning up to do, but “in trouble” implies a loss is possible. Never felt that way one iota.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post

The Hoosiers have played us tough the last couple of years. At least for 2-3 quarters (LOL).

This offense, IMO, is just now starting to click (gel). But they better be glad this offense (Haskins) is a monster, because this defense will be our downfall. And I'm talking if the play-offs were to begin today. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Hoosiers, but I've never seen such huge holes in our secondary, and right in the middle of the field. There was never anyone around the receiver (LOL). And our corners continue to get burned and give up the big plays (near the top in NCAA). It's like the opposition has watched film and know how to attack this defense, and I keep seeing the same thing ..... run lots of slants, and throw under their coverage. I've never see a team play off the ball like OSU does. I was quite embarrassed watching yesterday.

Never been a huge fan of his, but I wish Schiano had taken the Patriot's job (LOL).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

19. Likes:

Redsfaithful (10-07-2018)

If IU and UK had switched jerseys, IU would have been ranked prior to this game. I have maintained this for a while, if IU isn't in the B1G east, they are a perennial bowl eligible team. As is the schedule gets released and IU has four almost automatic losses on it. There are years in which IU is probably the 6th or 7th best team in the B1G but are 5th in the East.

I didn't get to watch much of the game, but in what I saw, OSU's secondary needs to get better. A lot of IU's damage was done in the 1st when Wint was the other S which didn't help matters. Also I think Schiano's defense prepares these CB's for the league, but it does take them time to get the hang of things. I have heard Wade is playing more S, which I think is a positive, but at times, especially with a long field, it doesn't make sense to play so much press man. Another thing, and I am no where near a football savant, but it seems to me dissecting man coverage is far easier for a college QB than it is man. OSU's man is predicated on getting to the QB, and if you are a split second too slow, the QB has an idea where to go. I do think when (if) Bosa comes back the defense will get better, and maybe up to championship caliber. That is if they figure out the S spot next to Fuller.

21. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-08-2018),Revering4Blue (10-08-2018)

Turn Off Ads?