Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9/23/18 - Reds @ Miami

Re: 9/23/18 - Reds @ Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Next person to misplay on defense has to go in to pitch
    Going after that precious high pick in the draft that has done so much good in their "plan." Lose the last 6 gives them and that becomes a possibility.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hay guise...if it starts at your knees,maybe let it go? Just sayin.

Scooter playing golf today. That was a walk that didn't happen
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Just don’t adjust....keep wailing at balls in the dirt because they start at bottom of zone

Haunted by walks

A Sunday Special lineup playing like it has a plane to catch. (But the game would be over quicker if they made the plays.)

Wasn't Marlins 1B Peter O'Brien in the Reds organization at one point?
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Wasn't Marlins 1B Peter O'Brien in the Reds organization at one point?
    Waiver pick from the Royals
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

9. Likes:

Big Klu (09-23-2018)

This team and organizat5ion has me so frustrated as a lifelong Reds fan.

I just recently moved to Tampa and the Rays just make the Reds look so incompetent. They do things that i wish the Reds do.

They are innovative, do not fall in love with players and can develop/fix pitchers

Glasnow was a mess with the Pirates like Stephenson and now Glasnow is throwing strikes and looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    This team and organizat5ion has me so frustrated as a lifelong Reds fan.

I just recently moved to Tampa and the Rays just make the Reds look so incompetent. They do things that i wish the Reds do.

They are innovative, do not fall in love with players and can develop/fix pitchers

Glasnow was a mess with the Pirates like Stephenson and now Glasnow is throwing strikes and looking good.
    Agree and with that, the Reds should replace the whole coaching staff including the manager and maybe even their minor league staffs. This has to end now and not five years from now by drafting high and sending them to the majors unprepared.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Agree and with that, the Reds should replace the whole coaching staff including the manager and maybe even their minor league staffs. This has to end now and not five years from now by drafting high and sending them to the majors unprepared.
    Frankly, I don't really care what they do anymore. I no longer have any long-term expectations for them. If they are successful somewhere down the road, good for them. On the other hand, if they continue down their current path, it's no skin off my nose.

I'll continue to watch or listen, primarily for social reasons, as it's something to pass the time. But I find that I'm beginning to divest myself emotionally from the Reds much like I did with the Bengals in the 90's, and I never really returned to them. (I still refer to myself as a "Bengals fan", but it's in name only. I haven't watched a Bengals game in years.)

91 losses.

Need to go 2-3 on the homestand to match 2016 & 2017's record of 68-94.

On this 10-game roadie, the team went 2-55 w/RISP. That's hard to do.

Their record since they hung on to Matt Harvey for some "Positive Momentum" is 18-32.
    Last edited by texasdave; 09-23-2018 at 04:04 PM.

15. Likes:

mace (09-23-2018)

This is what happens when the guy you hire to run things happens to be somebody's nephew and whose resume consists of working for George Sonny Bush. Time for a change and the change needs to start at the top.

17. Likes:

Crumbley (09-24-2018)

This stretch of 4 consecutive 90-loss seasons is making the Lost Decade seem like halcyon days.

19. Likes:

Big Klu (09-23-2018)

I didn't watch a pitch of this entire 4 game series. My level of interest right now is about where it was after the 1994 strike. At least for the Reds, not the entirety of baseball. That reflects the level I'm at with this team and franchise. It's just a mess and I don't see much hope for the future either.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

21. Likes:

Big Klu (09-24-2018)

Turn Off Ads?