Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cincinnati Reds Season Review, Part One - The Good - Red Reporter

Re: Cincinnati Reds Season Review, Part One - The Good - Red Reporter

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I hear what you’re saying Doug, but it’s a commercial newspaper. If Lance writes a column like the info that you posted, most people wouldn’t get past the second paragraph.

Perhaps the exact people he named weren’t in on the original decision, but I view it as an organizational failure. If you’re part of the organization, you are part of the problem. It’s 4 years now of 90 loss seasons and next year looks bleak as well. Maybe it’s time to start considering different approaches.
    I feel much the same way. I feel that pretty much everyone in the organization has been tainted by the lack of success. Whether they have been here for 6 months or 20 years, there is some Reds' organizational philosophy they have bought in to and it really isn't working. There has been some organizational shakeup the last few months but I think a lot of people see it as shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic. Now I don't know if the guys that were promoted were just promoted to positions where they can do no harm or if those positions are vital to the function of the organization. But people are frustrated and when they see people who who were in charge of scouting and development get promotions when the scouting and developmental results haven't been good, they get upset and want to sack everyone from the general manager to the instructional league coach.

The problem with a purge like that is that starting from Ground Zero will more than likely set the organization back several years. The players are going to have to learn from different people. Maybe that's good in the long run but I think people are getting tired of waiting for the long run. There's going to be a learning curve too for both the coaches and the players. If such and such a player isn't performing, is it the new coach's fault or is it just another bad prospect? Or is it just that results are coming but not as quick as everyone would like. Also if everyone is purged you have to find new people to take their places. Doing that will not be easy. And maybe there some in the current organization that feel the Reds' way is not the right way but they won't speak up. So you don't know who to keep and who to fire. We also should understand that these are real people and they have bills to pay and families to feed. It's easy to get on a message board or social media and say, "Off with their heads!" But if you're the one doing the firing it won't be that easy.

There really aren't any easy answers but I do find it distressing that there aren't any outside people being brought in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Jones View Post
    The good: Nobody died
    I died a little on the inside, does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    I died a little on the inside, does that count?
    lol partial credit only.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I want to cancel my subscription to Reds Reporter for reminding me the Reds signed Yovani Gallardo this season.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

6. Likes:

REDREAD (10-08-2018)

Turn Off Ads?