Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hurricane Michael

Hurricane Michael

This storm is a beast. Just a few days ago it looked to be a minor hurricane that would bring some inconvenience to the Florida Panhandle. It now has grown to the point where it could end up being the 5th most powerful hurricane in recorded history to impact the US.

Any of you folks who are in the path, stay safe and follow emergency orders.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at...?cone#contents
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hurricane Michael

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    This storm is a beast. Just a few days ago it looked to be a minor hurricane that would bring some inconvenience to the Florida Panhandle. It now has grown to the point where it could end up being the 5th most powerful hurricane in recorded history to impact the US.

Any of you folks who are in the path, stay safe and follow emergency orders.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at...?cone#contents
    Amazing how it changes. You're right that this past weekend they were predicting cat 1 at landfall

Michael may have made landfall as a Category 5 hurricane. One of the few ever to do that.
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

Michael may have made landfall as a Category 5 hurricane. One of the few ever to do that.
    It's crazy to see how quickly this storm materialized and blew up into a monster.

My daughter's in Savannah, GA. She gets a day off of school tomorrow. I doubt they'll get much there but whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    My daughter's in Savannah, GA. She gets a day off of school tomorrow. I doubt they'll get much there but whatever
    Is your daughter at the arts school? I've got a good friend who lives in Savannah. Expect tropical force winds today (which means power outages) and then flooding including possibly the Savannah river cresting its banks.

Is your daughter at the arts school? I've got a good friend who lives in Savannah. Expect tropical force winds today (which means power outages) and then flooding including possibly the Savannah river cresting its banks.
    She sure is. SCAD. She's studying to become a cartoonist, animation. That's one of the top schools for that.

Just got an alert of a tornado warning for where she is. She hasn't texted me back so hopefully all's well. Her dorm is pretty much a cement block and she's not on the basement floor but she's on floor 1 so I figure she's pretty safe

Hope she is safe and well, Sea Ray.
    A saxophone someplace far off played

She sure is. SCAD. She's studying to become a cartoonist, animation. That's one of the top schools for that.

Just got an alert of a tornado warning for where she is. She hasn't texted me back so hopefully all's well. Her dorm is pretty much a cement block and she's not on the basement floor but she's on floor 1 so I figure she's pretty safe
    Hopefully you've heard from her by now and all is good.

Hope and pray all is well SR.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Hope she is safe and well, Sea Ray.
    She's quite well all right. A half our later I got a text apologizing for why she didn't get back sooner. She explained that she's in the midst of a party. So yeah, she's at a hurricane party. I wrote back "that's my girl!"

Two hrs later and long after I went to bed I got another text that a fire cut their party short. I don't know where the fire was or what caused it but she's fine. I'll get the details later today. Thanks for your concern.

Michael was very much like Katrina and Andrew.

The photos that will be coming out of ground zero in the coming days will be historic.
    Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me

I feel for all those in Florida that got his so hard. It was only a tropical storm by the time it hit here in NC, but with water levels still high from Florence a few weeks ago the lake and river near me are crazy. This actually hit the triangle area of NC harder than Florence wind wise, just was so fast and dint hang around like Flo did. We lost power for 5 days this time, just got it back yesterday.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

15. Likes:

cumberlandreds (10-16-2018),WrongVerb (10-16-2018)

Turn Off Ads?