Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFL

AFL

Trammell and Rodriguez started the 1st game Tuesday night. Both went hitless. Trammell walked and had a ground ball RBI. Neither played in the game last night.
    Shed Long led off last night and went 1-4 with 3 rbi, 2 walks, and a sb.
    Non Reds related, Vlad Jr has 6 hits including 4 doubles in his first two games. He will be fun to watch along with Soto, Acuna, etc

2. Likes:

BillDoran (10-11-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: AFL

I go there next week. Sat the 20th will be my first game.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

5. Likes:

BillDoran (10-11-2018),Edd Roush (10-17-2018)

Reds' pitchers provided some stout relief during Wednesday night's affair.
    Ty Boyles worked a 1-2-3 inning, striking out a pair.
    Wyatt Strahan give up a lone single in his scoreless inning on the mound.
    Alex Powers also threw a scoreless frame, fanning three while giving up a double.

7. Likes:

BillDoran (10-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Reds' pitchers provided some stout relief during Wednesday night's affair.
    Ty Boyles worked a 1-2-3 inning, striking out a pair.
    Wyatt Strahan give up a lone single in his scoreless inning on the mound.
    Alex Powers also threw a scoreless frame, fanning three while giving up a double.
    I didn't realize this, but Powers had a really nice season in Pensacola: 11.69 K/9, 2.34 BB/9, 2.34 ERA, 3.06 xFIP, albeit in only 42.1 IP. You'd think if he performs well in the AFL, he's a contender for some bullpen work next year.

9. Likes:

Edd Roush (10-17-2018),M2 (10-12-2018),marcshoe (10-18-2018)

Through 5 games Trammell is OPSing a robust 473. Second On the team in ABs but still only 20. Peter Alonso has the most and is OPSing 1.283

Trammell 1-4 today with 3ks

The Dominican Winter League is another place to keep an eye on. Three Reds "prospects" are playing down there: Jose Siri, Aristedes Aquino and Dilson Herrera.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

13. Likes:

BillDoran (10-18-2018)

Here for my first game. At Cubs home park. It's the newest in Phoenix. Way fancier than Goodyear. Weather awesome right now.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

15. Likes:

757690 (10-20-2018),Tom Servo (10-20-2018),WrongVerb (10-20-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Here for my first game. At Cubs home park. It's the newest in Phoenix. Way fancier than Goodyear. Weather awesome right now.
    Curiously, what’s the pricing like at the Cub’s park. It’s outrageous for spring training. Even the parking expensive.
    The team Matheny described several times this weekend as the team he thinks the Cardinals could be, is actually the team the Reds have become.

I think all the AFL prices are the same at every park. I just paid $7 for senior.

18. Likes:

757690 (10-20-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I think all the AFL prices are the same at every park. I just paid $7 for senior.
    Much better prices than spring training, as it should be. I paid more than that for parking at the Cubs stadium the last spring training I was at. Game tickets were about what they are for regular season GAPB games.
    The team Matheny described several times this weekend as the team he thinks the Cardinals could be, is actually the team the Reds have become.

Parking free for afl. And I was like 3 rows of cars away from gate. Very laid back. Refreshment stands open also.

21. Likes:

757690 (10-20-2018)

With Arizona Fall League now in its second week, Taylor Trammell is hitting his stride at the plate.

The Reds' No. 3 prospect erupted for four hits on Saturday including a run-scoring single in the top of the 11th inning that put Scottsdale ahead for good in a 9-7 win over Surprise at Surprise Stadium.
    https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/reds-t...ue/c-299398144
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

23. Likes:

BillDoran (10-21-2018),Edd Roush (10-21-2018),NC Reds (10-21-2018),RED VAN HOT (10-21-2018),RiverRat13 (10-21-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Much better prices than spring training, as it should be. I paid more than that for parking at the Cubs stadium the last spring training I was at. Game tickets were about what they are for regular season GAPB games.
    ST games pricing for the Giants and Cubs are ridiculous. Both these teams are well represented in attendance when visiting other parks. The Cubs basically took over Goodyear (75% of fans) when I was there a few years ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    ST games pricing for the Giants and Cubs are ridiculous. Both these teams are well represented in attendance when visiting other parks. The Cubs basically took over Goodyear (75% of fans) when I was there a few years ago
    Giants pricing was worse than the Cubs. $30 for lawn seats, $60 for outfield reserve, $75 for anything decent.

For comparison, Reds charge $8 for lawn seats, and $25 for their best seats.

Royals have the best pricing, similar to the Reds, but a big free parking lot right next to the stadium.

Turn Off Ads?