Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AFL

Re: AFL

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Alfredo Rodriguez was the DH last night. He went 0-4 with 3 Ks. Noodles has a higher OBP (.228) than SLG (.222). That's hard to do.
    Votto had a higher OBP than slugging most of this past year, AlfRod must be trying to emulate him.

2. Likes:

M2 (11-18-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Mike Trout was helpless out there. The next year, and every year since, he was the best player on the planet Earth. So..... maybe they're onto something?
    Yeah but these guys arent Mike Trout.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    Yeah but these guys aren’t Mike Trout.
    I don't need your kind of negativity in my life today. Let's try again on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I don't need your kind of negativity in my life today. Let's try again on Thursday.
    See ya then.
    Lol I really do need to be more positive. I did get engaged Fri night lol.

7. Likes:

dougdirt (11-06-2018),OGB (11-12-2018),WrongVerb (11-06-2018)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    See ya then.
    Lol I really do need to be more positive. I did get engaged Fri night lol.

9. Likes:

Alabama (11-06-2018)

Signs of life in the desert last night.

Taylor Trammell doubled twice in 4 ABs.
    Shed Long singled twice in 3 trips to the plate.
    Alfredo Rodriguez drew a walk.

11. Likes:

Alabama (11-07-2018),Edd Roush (11-07-2018)

With about a week to go in the AFL, Taylor Trammell has pushed his on-base percentage up to .338. He singled, and drew 3 walks today. He stole a base, and threw out a runner as well.
    Alfredo Rodriguez went 0-5. His OPS has dipped to .412.

13. Likes:

Alabama (11-11-2018)

TT went 1-4 on the night, the only Reds' position player to see action.
    Austin Orewiler with another fine start: 5 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K.

15. Likes:

Alabama (11-11-2018),RED VAN HOT (11-12-2018),RiverRat13 (11-12-2018),Tuff Nut (11-11-2018)

Scottsdale scored three runs in the bottom of the 9th to pull one out. They have 3 games left on the schedule. A playoff berth is nigh on impossible.

Taylor Trammell singled twice to raise his average to .280.
    Shed Long made a pinch hit appearance. He whiffed.

Ty Boyles went an inning and a third. He did not allow a baserunner and struck out two. He picked up a win for his efforts, while lowering his ERA to 2.16. He has not allowed a run in his last 5 outings, covering 4.1 innings. He has allowed three hits, a walk and five Ks over that same span.

Reds' hitters have not gone deep in a combined 230+ PAs.

Pretty big platoon split for Trammell in the AFL. Only 4 hits in 28 ABs against lefties (good for a .143/.172/.179 slashline) but he's mashing righties to the tune of .362/.434/.468 in 47 ABs.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Pretty big platoon split for Trammell in the AFL. Only 4 hits in 28 ABs against lefties (good for a .143/.172/.179 slashline) but he's mashing righties to the tune of .362/.434/.468 in 47 ABs.
    Over three years in the minors he is hitting .274 against lefties, with 2018 being his best year. Could be a small sample size or perhaps he is seeing a better class of LHP in the fall league.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Over three years in the minors he is hitting .274 against lefties, with 2018 being his best year. Could be a small sample size or perhaps he is seeing a better class of LHP in the fall league.
    Probably seeing a better class of lefties and hasn't adjusted to that yet. Given his past, as you point out this most recent year is his best against them, it seems reasonable to think he'll continue to make adjustments to hit better LHP.
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

It'd be slightly problematic that Trammell's not hit for much power in the AFL if I didn't know he was the second-youngest AFL All-Prospect hitter and essentially tied with Forrest Whitley for second-youngest overall.

More troubling is the struggle Shed Long's had pretty much all season.

Pretty fair day for the Reds' contingent.
    Trammell singled.
    Long doubled.
    Rodriguez doubled, walked and stole a base.
    Strahan worked a scoreless inning, as did Powers.

Wyatt Strahan has turned in AFL stint around. In his last 4 outings, Strahan has pitched scoreless baseball, covering 4 innings. He has allowed two hits, walked one and fanned six.

T Tram has got it rolling. 3 hits bring him up to 298 and 752 ops. Love it

Turn Off Ads?