Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Halloween attractions

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Halloween attractions

Any haunted houses/trails/hayrides you guys recommend within an hour of Dayton? I've already been to Lewisburg Haunted Cave, Kings Island, and Land of Illusion before. The Dent Schoolhouse is the most popular one I haven't experienced yet. Is it worth the drive/price of admission?
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Halloween attractions

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Any haunted houses/trails/hayrides you guys recommend within an hour of Dayton? I've already been to Lewisburg Haunted Cave, Kings Island, and Land of Illusion before. The Dent Schoolhouse is the most popular one I haven't experienced yet. Is it worth the drive/price of admission?
    Skip the Dent Schoolhouse. Go to Wilmington near Lake Cowan (be prepared to stand a long time in a line).

I actually stumbled upon that one a few hours after posting this, and decided to check it out Saturday. Half the distance compared to Dent, and it's got 2 more attractions. I definitely don't plan on waiting 2+ hours in line, though. I believe it's like $95 for two fast passes. Yikes. One time thing, I guess.

Will report back Sunday.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    I actually stumbled upon that one a few hours after posting this, and decided to check it out Saturday. Half the distance compared to Dent, and it's got 2 more attractions. I definitely don't plan on waiting 2+ hours in line, though. I believe it's like $95 for two fast passes. Yikes. One time thing, I guess.

Will report back Sunday.
    I'll be honest with you, the fast pass is probably worth it paying double the regular admission price. I go every year, this past year we got there about 8pm were in line a solid 2 hours and it was about 35 degrees out.

If it's something that you don't go do every weekend and can afford the pass, I'd probably do it. Free parking helps.

- - - Updated - - -

But every year I go, the fast passes are sold out before I get there.

FYI: They only take cash.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S.S. Don't wear any open toed shoes.

The way it looks now, I'm just gonna have to drive there ahead of time and purchase the fast passes, then back home, and then back there again...lol. Otherwise I risk missing the bus ride, and not being able to experience all 4 attractions. The person I'm going with isn't free until 9, and we won't get there until around 9:45-10.

Turn Off Ads?