Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2018-2019

Re: College Basketball 2018-2019

...and this one belongs to the Reds.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wasn't counting on Louisville murdering Dook tonight.

That's a choke job for the ages by Coach Mack and his Cards to blow that entire lead. Hard to believe they could win after doing that.

5. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-13-2019)

I had flashbacks to UC-Nevada. Arrghhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    That's a choke job for the ages by Coach Mack and his Cards to blow that entire lead. Hard to believe they could win after doing that.
    I had the best trifecta coming together for me last night. Purdue loses. Kentucky loses. Duke......JSMH.

I'm not sure where to put this but since it's basketball season, let's do it here.

We won't be seeing anymore Pilot/Flying J commercials on ESPN or SEC Network for awhile. Seems that the Haslams don't like articles being written about them on the ESPN site:

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sport...ns/2860812002/

I don't know what they're going to run on UT's game tonight on SEC Network. Most of their commercials are Belk and Pilot.

Tennessee does what it's supposed to do tonight: win easily vs SC at Knoxville. The thing in college basketball is that a superior team is susceptible to getting upset if the other team gets hot from 3. Well SC did exactly that. They were 13-22 from three and yet they were behind by double digits for most of the game.

This sets up the showdown at Rupp this weekend. Honestly Tennessee needs this challenge. They've looked bored in recent weeks. They need to see what Kentucky will bring at 'em and let's see how the Vols handle it. The end of their schedule starts now and it's tough. Let's see what the Vols have

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Tennessee does what it's supposed to do tonight: win easily vs SC at Knoxville. The thing in college basketball is that a superior team is susceptible to getting upset if the other team gets hot from 3. Well SC did exactly that. They were 13-22 from three and yet they were behind by double digits for most of the game.

This sets up the showdown at Rupp this weekend. Honestly Tennessee needs this challenge. They've looked bored in recent weeks. They need to see what Kentucky will bring at 'em and let's see how the Vols handle it. The end of their schedule starts now and it's tough. Let's see what the Vols have
    Sometimes a loss is good...helps a team to re-focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Monday, someone asked me what I thought about the Walking Dead. I said they had to finish out the season anyway, and I was confident that Huggins would get them back on the right track next year.

Turns out that wasn't what they were talking about at all.
    “[Reading] is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul" -- Joyce Carol Oates

“We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?” — The Doctor (Matt Smith)

Is Ohio State a tournament team? Doesn't look like it as of now

There hasn't been a more disappointing recruit in Essa Ahmad since Jonathan Hargett. I heard Huggs on his show a couple night ago mention he really couldn't say much about it because the Federales were involved... I wonder if either/both got caught with something or there was some point shaving involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

14. Likes:

marcshoe (02-15-2019)

Is Ohio State a tournament team? Doesn't look like it as of now
    I told you back when, Illinois is highly under rated. They play hard. Sucks to lose a home game, but in the B1G this year anything can happen top to bottom.

I think Ohio State is safely in for now. They haven't completely collapsed like the Hoosiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I think Ohio State is safely in for now. They haven't completely collapsed like the Hoosiers.
    Well they were a 9 seed in bracketology prior to last night and they may very well drop their next game vs MSU. Five of their next seven games are against ranked opponents. On the other hand, they'll have plenty of chances for quality wins.

- - - Updated - - -

I told you back when, Illinois is highly under rated. They play hard. Sucks to lose a home game, but in the B1G this year anything can happen top to bottom.
    The bottom teams in the Big Ten are tougher than any other conference this yr, I agree

The bottom teams in the Big Ten are tougher than any other conference this yr, I agree
    Hey, the last place team in the Big East smacked the Illini around unmercifully in Maui!

Turn Off Ads?