Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2018-2019

Re: College Basketball 2018-2019

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Iowa is def a tough team, especially at home.

I watched the first half and it was one of the poorest officiated games I’ve seen in quite some time. Both ways.

With that said, this OSU team started out hot and are now showing their youth and inexperience. This team is def a year early, next year is when they should make some noise.

I still really like Holtmann, but this year can go down in flames pretty quickly and is looking like it will after 3 losses in a row, including one to the dreadful Rutgers. UM is going to beat this OSU team by 20.

Again, though, next year is when they should make some noise.
    The last time I checked, the Bucks were 36th in the NCAA's "NET rankings". Pretty comfortable spot. But I think you are gonna see a lot of teams in the B1G finish around .500 in conference.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Xavier is bad this year, but beating Butler in the manner they did today was exceptionally, exceptionally sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    The last time I checked, the Bucks were 36th in the NCAA's "NET rankings". Pretty comfortable spot. But I think you are gonna see a lot of teams in the B1G finish around .500 in conference.
    Three straight loses for the Buckeyes. They ought to drop out of the top 25.

My Tenn Vols earned another road victory last night in a dog fight with the Florida Gators. The Gators took a first half lead by sinking a bunch of threes. In fact they only sunk 3 two pt baskets in the first half. Tenn adjusted like a well coached veteran team does in the second half and won it going away in the end as they scored the last 9 points to win by 11. Florida had a sellout crowd and gave UT their best shot. That's life for a top 5 team. You're going to get the other team's best shot every night. UT is up for the challenge. As a fan, I love my team being so good that they're the hunted and have it debated every night whether they're the best team in the country. It's the first time I've ever set my schedule and/or my DVR to any basketball team's schedule. It's fun. When this ends, I'll be ready to transition to Reds baseball and root for better baseball in 2019

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Three straight loses for the Buckeyes. They ought to drop out of the top 25.

My Tenn Vols earned another road victory last night in a dog fight with the Florida Gators. The Gators took a first half lead by sinking a bunch of threes. In fact they only sunk 3 two pt baskets in the first half. Tenn adjusted like a well coached veteran team does in the second half and won it going away in the end as they scored the last 9 points to win by 11. Florida had a sellout crowd and gave UT their best shot. That's life for a top 5 team. You're going to get the other team's best shot every night. UT is up for the challenge. As a fan, I love my team being so good that they're the hunted and have it debated every night whether they're the best team in the country. It's the first time I've ever set my schedule and/or my DVR to any basketball team's schedule. It's fun. When this ends, I'll be ready to transition to Reds baseball and root for better baseball in 2019
    I wish I could see the Vols more than what I do. But anyway the most recent Wooden award list came out a few days ago. UT has 2 players on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I wish I could see the Vols more than what I do. But anyway the most recent Wooden award list came out a few days ago. UT has 2 players on it.
    I think every game from here on out will be nationally televised mostly on either ESPN or SEC Network. Tuesday night's game at 7pm vs Arkansas is on ESPN 2. Then the game vs Alabama at 2pm on Sat should be an exciting one. I'm sure someone will pick it up nationally.

Their two (Wooden Award Finalists) studs are Grant Williams and Admiral Schofield. Grant Williams was a chubby 3* kid coming out of high school. His mother is literally a rocket scientist at NASA. He's smart and highly educated. He turned down 3 Ivy League offers to play at Tennessee (something that didn't thrill his Mom). Rick Barnes sent him to the gym and worked him like crazy. Last yr (his soph yr) he was the SEC Player of the yr and he's the SEC's leading scorer so far this yr. So who's the second leading scorer in the SEC? That'd be Admiral Schofield who came back for his senior yr to lead the Vols. If you ever hear these two interviewed I know you'll be impressed. They really carry themselves well off the court and come across as well spoken.

But the thing is they're more than just these two players. Schofield found himself in foul trouble yesterday and Williams had the same problem vs Missouri last week. So then Jordan Bowden picked up the slack. He's scored 20, 20 and 17 in his last 3 games.

Every college team needs a point guard. Jordan Bone is as athletic as they come and lightning fast. He's their 3rd leading scorer as of right now but Bowden is coming up fast.

You also need a big man in the middle. Kyle Alexander is 6'11" and can rebound and block shots like nobody's business. he also has a pretty nice jump hook.

What do you do when guys have off nights? Well John Fulkerson is that guy for Alexander. Lamonte Turner has had a shoulder injury but he's working his way back in as a point guard to spell Bone.All in all they have 8 guys who avg double digit minutes per game.

This makes for a very fun team to watch and follow. No guarantees for March as anything can happen on a given night but regardless of what happens in March, I'm having a real good time watching them in December and January.

They were the SEC co-champions last yr with a 13-5 conference record they're already two ahead of that this yr as they've won at Missouri and at Florida; those were two of their 5 loses last yr.

8. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-14-2019),Revering4Blue (01-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Iowa is def a tough team, especially at home.

I watched the first half and it was one of the poorest officiated games Iíve seen in quite some time. Both ways.

With that said, this OSU team started out hot and are now showing their youth and inexperience. This team is def a year early, next year is when they should make some noise.

I still really like Holtmann, but this year can go down in flames pretty quickly and is looking like it will after 3 losses in a row, including one to the dreadful Rutgers. UM is going to beat this OSU team by 20.

Again, though, next year is when they should make some noise.
    The officiating has been poor overall this season. Wesson can't stay out of foul trouble over the past few losses. And without him on the court, they just aren't the same.

I am disappointed in Andre Wesson who looks as if he took a step back this season.

Woods started off hot, but has been playing pretty poor down this stretch.

Muhammad and Washington need to be on the court together a lot.

LeDee has an interesting skill set, not there yet, but I would almost start him and bring Wesson off the bench because of his foul trouble.

This team is definitely a year ahead of schedule. Its tough because the guys they counted on to become leaders, have played rather poorly over the last few weeks.

10. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-14-2019),Revering4Blue (01-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The officiating has been poor overall this season. Wesson can't stay out of foul trouble over the past few losses. And without him on the court, they just aren't the same.

I am disappointed in Andre Wesson who looks as if he took a step back this season.

Woods started off hot, but has been playing pretty poor down this stretch.

Muhammad and Washington need to be on the court together a lot.

LeDee has an interesting skill set, not there yet, but I would almost start him and bring Wesson off the bench because of his foul trouble.

This team is definitely a year ahead of schedule. Its tough because the guys they counted on to become leaders, have played rather poorly over the last few weeks.
    I can't say it enough. The B1G is gonna be a meat grinder this year. Road wins are to be cherished, and home losses will kill ya.

How does UNC lose by 21 pts at home and only drop one spot in the AP rankings?

Vols garnering praise from their opponents:

“I think they’re good at everything. They have a chance to win the national championship. I don’t know what they’re not good at,” White said according to David Paschall of the Chattanooga Times Free Press.

It’s rare you see a rival coach hand out praise like that following a meeting with a team but based on everything Tennessee has shown on the court this season, there’s no reason to believe White is being anything other than honest with his assessment of Barnes’ squad.
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/te...chmampionship/

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Vols garnering praise from their opponents:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/te...chmampionship/
    As well they should.

While I absolutely agree with your analysis of their roster, Sea Ray, IMHO, there's another overlooked key factor to their success -- and it was very evident, for example, Saturday in Gainsville: While there are likely several factors at work here (coaching, Senior leadership etc..), this team is tremendously poised. It's as if they fully EXPECT to win, no matter the circumstance.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1)Morning people
    2)Normal people

15. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-14-2019)

Duke loses to Syracuse at Cameron in overtime. Tre Jones to be out ďawhileĒ.

Will be curious to watch. Itís not one of the Big Three, but he is the straw that stirs the drink and Duke has had problems with chemistry in recent years.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Duke loses to Syracuse at Cameron in overtime. Tre Jones to be out “awhile”.

Will be curious to watch. It’s not one of the Big Three, but he is the straw that stirs the drink and Duke has had problems with chemistry in recent years.
    I only caught the final score. Was Zion Williamson back from his eye injury?

I only caught the final score. Was Zion Williamson back from his eye injury?
    Yes, but Reddish was out with the flu
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

All five starters finished in double figures for the Bearcats tonight, led by Jarron Cumberland's 34. That is a rarity (maybe a first) for Mick's minions.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    All five starters finished in double figures for the Bearcats tonight, led by Jarron Cumberland's 34. That is a rarity (maybe a first) for Mick's minions.
    Decent win but...where was the rebounding?

Turn Off Ads?