Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2018-2019

Re: College Basketball 2018-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Always a good thing to keep Momma happy...

The Vols beat #1 today and played Kansas when they were #1 and it went to OT. The Vols are legit.
    Yeah, I was shopping with Mom today.....I had to put the game on the phone. We pulled over to listen. Damn, I thought she was gonna have a heart attack. Be interesting to see where the Vols are in the polls.
    Last edited by Assembly Hall; 12-09-2018 at 09:20 PM.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Yeah, I was shopping with Mom today.....I had to put the game on the phone. We pulled over to listen. Damn, I thought she was gonna have a heart attack. Be interesting to see where the Vols are in the polls.
    I'm guessing about 4th or 5th. Like you, Vols fans are wondering the same. Wins like these are nice come seeding time

Wins like these are nice come seeding time
    Yes they are. Very big win to say the least.

SI has the Vols at 4:

Tennessee: No one picked up a more impressive win in the past seven days than the Vols, who knocked off No. 1 Gonzaga on a neutral court in Phoenix. Tennessee looked to be on the ropes multiple times late in the contest, including when it was down nine with six minutes to go or when Grant Williams fouled out as the Bulldogs took a two-point lead with 2:49 remaining. But on the back of Admiral Schofield, who hit six threes as part of a stellar 30-point performance, the Volunteers rallied for a gutsy victory. This Tennessee team is for real, and the SEC should be on notice.
    https://www.si.com/college-basketbal...duke-tennessee

NBC has them at 3.

NBC has them at 3.
    I didn't even know NBC had a ranking...

I didn't even know NBC had a ranking...
    Yep....and CBS has them at 2.

Ever wonder what kind of idiots vote in the AP poll? Well here's one. He refuses to put Tennessee, Duke or Kansas in his top 25 'cause they haven't won a decent road game yet. He also states that if Tennessee wins their next game at Memphis that he may put the Vols #1. So he'll move a team from unranked to #1 in one week.

How is it that they let guys like this have a vote?

To avoid playing on another team’s campus altogether is a sin of cowardice and ego that eventually can’t be ignored — like when we’re more than a month into the college basketball season. So this week I removed Duke, Kansas, Tennessee, Auburn, Texas Tech, Kentucky, Villanova and Texas from my Associated Press top 25 ballot. That’s No. 1 Kansas, No. 2 Duke and No. 3 Tennessee, as other voters deemed them this week, so clearly I had an impact. I didn’t even put them through the paces of an evaluation. Because, while in some cases they have impressive neutral-site wins, they aren’t playing the same game as the rest of college basketball. They haven’t yet been tested in a true road game.
    https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...ke/2264942002/

Ever wonder what kind of idiots vote in the AP poll? Well here's one. He refuses to put Tennessee, Duke or Kansas in his top 25 'cause they haven't won a decent road game yet. He also states that if Tennessee wins their next game at Memphis that he may put the Vols #1. So he'll move a team from unranked to #1 in one week.

How is it that they let guys like this have a vote?

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...ke/2264942002/
    I like it! Now I don't necessarily agree on moving someone from unranked to #1, however, I do think something should be said about playing quality road games. I would neutral games in the mix, but yea, play tough road games and get rewarded for it!

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I like it! Now I don't necessarily agree on moving someone from unranked to #1, however, I do think something should be said about playing quality road games. I would neutral games in the mix, but yea, play tough road games and get rewarded for it!
    Tennessee taking Kansas to OT and beating Gonzaga on neutral floors should be worth at least a national ranking in the top 25

Tennessee taking Kansas to OT and beating Gonzaga on neutral floors should be worth at least a national ranking in the top 25
    I liked the article you put up there. Now I don't completely agree with his Top 25...but he does make a very valid point.

I liked the article you put up there. Now I don't completely agree with his Top 25...but he does make a very valid point.
    Yeah, I found it provocative and those are the best kind of topics for discussion

Not to mention Tennessee was a consensus top 10 team to start the season.

Too much bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

The ability to win on the road is nice and all, it's certainly a necessity in order to earn a top seed, but excluding neutral-site games from the evaluation process doesn't make any sense to me for one simple reason: The NCAA Tournament is played at neutral sites.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-11-2018)

I'd say this writer's stance is silly but ultimately harmless given that conference play starts soon, and half of those games are played on the road.

Also, rankings are meaningless now outside of forums like this.

18. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-11-2018)

Turn Off Ads?