Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Awesomeness Only

Re: Awesomeness Only

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Through work, today I got to do a tandem skydive with Army Special Ops out of an absolutely stunningly refurbished C-47 that saw action in WWII.

Best. Work. Day. Ever.
    List of the World's Greatest Airplanes:

1. DC-3 (military designation C-47).
    2. C-130 Hercules.
    3. Everything else.
    I am just a poor boy though my story's seldom told.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Came across this...the story of Helen, the blind bison:

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news...rm/4074346002/

Share with your kids.

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (10-29-2019)

Mom whose overdose photo went viral celebrates 3 years of sobriety

Erika Hurt describes reaching rock bottom in 2016 when a photo released by police went viral showing her overdosed on heroin in the driver's seat of a car with her 10-month-old son in the backseat.

Hurt had to be revived using two doses of Narcan -- a nasal spray that can help reverse an opioid overdose -- when first responders in Hope, Indiana, found her. She was on probation when the overdose happened and was sentenced to six months in a locked-down rehabilitation program.
    Now, three years later, new photos of Hurt and her son Parker are going viral -- pics that show them together and happy and marking three years of sobriety for Hurt.

"I hope people see how low my bottom was and that they know if their bottom is not that far from mine, that they can come back too," Hurt, 28, told "Good Morning America." "I just think it's really cool because I feel even more planted and stable in my recovery [today]."
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

6. Likes:

Boston Red (11-03-2019),cumberlandreds (11-05-2019),North (11-02-2019)

Alabama deputies aid veteran who attempted 100-mile walk to VA
    By Amy Henderson CNHI News Service Nov 11, 2019

"A Jasper, Alabama, military veteran, attempting to walk nearly 100 miles from Jasper to Huntsville to keep an appointment with the Veterans Administration hospital on Wednesday caught a break – and a ride – when a Walker County deputy spotted him.

What ensued next was coordination across four sheriff’s offices to get the veteran to his appointment on Wednesday and back home Thursday. In addition, a Facebook post by the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office has triggered an outpouring of support."...

The full story:

https://www.lockportjournal.com/news...e6e5a6b5b.html

8. Likes:

cumberlandreds (11-13-2019),RFS62 (Yesterday)

Turn Off Ads?