Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Slobberknocker trade proposal w Red Sox.

Re: Slobberknocker trade proposal w Red Sox.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Perhaps B Ham (as a 4th OF/ late inning defensive replacement for JD) and Gennett for Bradley plus X. (X being a middle reliever or minor leaguer)
    I read that before the edit, and thought you were talking about Xander.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    Make the trade Hamilton and Gennett for Bradley and E. Rodriguez and you might have something.
    Don’t think the Sox would do that but it’s closer to what I’d want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I think the OP gets the picture. Police should be dragging you people off his dead carcass about now.

Geez. It was just a proposal idea. I'm pretty sure the Sox didn't get a copy of this in an email with subject line "Really Good Trade Idea."
    If an OP wants to come on here and drop a “bomb” like this and then sit back and just watch the melee I have no problem piling on.

5. Likes:

drowg14 (11-12-2018)

Haven't been around RZ for a month or so, nice to come back and see reasonableness is still the order of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    I read that before the edit, and thought you were talking about Xander.
    I hadn't thought about that as being a possible confusion as X isn't that common an initial.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCallMeTim View Post
    So they need what exactly from us?
    Obedience, all hail the real Reds.
    Go Gators!

Wrong AL East team.
    Brian Cashman was just on MLB Tonight saying the Yankees need SP, MI, and RP due to the loss of Robertson and Zach Britton.

Scooter Gennett and David Hernandez to NYY
    for
    Clint Frazier

Or a Scooter Gennett for
    Sonny Gray swap. Then push for a 2 year extension with Gray.

Allows NYY to put Scooter at 2B and move Torres over to SS for 2019 until the Gregorius situation sorts itself out.
    Last edited by Randymack; 11-06-2018 at 06:05 AM.

10. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (11-06-2018)

I still can't understand why anyone would want to deal one of the team's top 3 hitters for what is likely to be a lot of fringe players in return. Why would any team give up much talent for a rental second baseman when there are only 2 or 3 second base jobs open and a bunch of guys on the FA market who fit there? :

Brian Dozier, Asdrubel Cabrera, Jed Lowrie, Marwin Gonzalez, Josh Harrison, DJ Lemahieu, Ian Kinsler, Daniel Murphy and secondary names like Logan Forsythe, Neil Walker, Eric Sogard, Jace Peterson, and Jose Reyes.

Most teams end up filling second base from within when the highly touted SS who could hit when he was drafted proves he doesn't have the arm or range and gets moved to 2B anyway (Like Colorado will do this year to fill their opening leaving Lemahieu available), so there are always way more quality second baseman available then there are places for them to play making them cheap in the winter.

The Yankees want to dump Sonny Gray, but I just can't see them wanting Scooter when they could get a bullpen piece or a prospect that they can put in a deadline package and just sign one of these guys. A guy like Marwin Gonzalez or Jed Lowre would still be of lots of use even when Didi comes back. I just don't understand the calls to deal Gennett in this market when the return won't be much.

If the Reds could deal Scooter for the stuff Redszone thinks it could get for him, I'd deal him in a heartbeat and sign one of these other guys. I just don't think it will be possible. I think the Adam Duvall return is all we can expect. I'd keep Scooter and offer around guys who can actually bring something back. I understand the convenience of opening a spot for Senzel and moving Scooter's last year off the books, but it's not enough money to sign anyone that they can't already sign anyway and they'll need his bat when they end up dealing Winker, Senzel or Suarez to get the pitcher they really need.

The saturated supply at 2B is also why I think moving Senzel to the OF makes more sense. If he can really utilize all of his tools and become a star level RF, that's a lot harder to find than a second baseman. Senzel's speed is somewaht wasted at 2B and his arm surely is. You can almost always find a second baseman either on the FA market or when your next highly touted prospect who probably can't stick at SS comes along. Jeter Downs is probably this team's long term answer at 2B. Keeping Scooter for another year while he plays in AA (with Shed Log in AAA) makes a lot of sense IMO.
    Last edited by mth123; 11-06-2018 at 06:36 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

12. Likes:

RedlegJake (11-06-2018),REDREAD (11-12-2018),RedsBaron (11-11-2018)

I would trade Iglesias for Rodriguez. Then I move Homer Bailey in the closer role for one year. Would it work though?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

They won 108 games...

They won the World Series by defeating both the defending World Champ, and the NL champ 2 years running.

So they need what exactly from us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The landscape of that team will start changing dramatically with this offseason. They'll need more than you currently realize moving forward.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Good idea, but I would see if Hamilton+ could be dealt to the Giants for Baumganer.
    I doubt the Giants want Hamilton anymore.. It made sense last year, when they were trying to patch up a competitive team.
    That patch job resulted in 4th place, 18.5 games out of first.
    Seems more likely they will try to rebuild then add veteran pieces to be competitive.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    The landscape of that team will start changing dramatically with this offseason. They'll need more than you currently realize moving forward.
    Not really with this off season. They will surely move on from Kimbrel but could possibly resign Eovaldi and/or Kelly. That would hardly be a dramatic change of their landscape. They may make tweaks at second and catcher, but I'd be shocked to see them make any earth shaking moves this off season.

Now, after the 2019 there will possibly be a change in the landscape as Sale, Bogaerts, Martinez, and Porcello are all possible free agents.
    Last edited by Spitball; 11-18-2018 at 11:42 PM.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Turn Off Ads?