Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kluber Anyone ??

Re: Kluber Anyone ??

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post

Reds fans live in fantasyland.

There is no world where you would rather have Luis Castillo than Corey Kluber.

None.
    I think you miss the point. All other things being exactly the same, how much does having Kluber instead of Castillo move the wins needle? a couple of wins? Maybe? Having Kluber and Castillo, that's something. Kluber instead of Castillo? That's another 90+ loss season that is interesting every 5 days.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I think you miss the point. All other things being exactly the same, how much does having Kluber instead of Castillo move the wins needle? a couple of wins? Maybe? Having Kluber and Castillo, that's something. Kluber instead of Castillo? That's another 90+ loss season that is interesting every 5 days.
    I guess.

Castillo had one good month.

Terrible year, really.

I guess.

Terrible year, really.
    I agree. Castillo has not shown he can be a legitimate ace. Just the potential to be. I would give Winker, Senzel, and Greene.

I would love our chances opening up the post-season with Kluber on the mound.

I guess.

Terrible year, really.
    If pitchers 2,3,4,5 remain the same, it's treading water. Trading away cheap, controllable high upside SP is all kinds of dumb. I'm in favor of getting every pitcher the Reds can that is better than Castillo, and if the Reds can do that fine. But as of today, Castillo is the Reds clear #1. So if in ST, the #1 SP on the Reds is Kluber, and the #2 is the tattered remains of Disco's elbow, then welcome to the last 3 years all over again.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Anthony Castrovince (as if he’s been ready this board) posits that Senzel, Winker, and Iglesias (not all three together, mind you) might be targets for the Indians if they trade Kluber, Carrasco, or Bauer.

https://www.mlb.com/news/indians-top...ts/c-300290588

Here is my slobber-knocker for Kluber: Nick Senzel, Hunter Greene and Tyler Mahle.

To get an ace and anchor for this pitching staff, you’ll have to pay because there will be plenty of competition. Deal gives Cleveland three young and controllable players. For the Reds, Senzel is an infielder with no position. Greene is a high upside player with a long way to go and his injury could be a warning sign. Mahle might be a solid 3-5 pitcher but I doubt he will develop in a number one or two pitcher that the Reds need.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Frankly I think the sensible thing to do is identify teams with good, deep starting pitching, and then hire all their minor league pitching coaches and development personnel. We are not in a position to be doing trades where we give up three major league talents for one really good one.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

The Yankees might be looking to trade Stanton. Stanton for Kluber makes a lot of sense.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    The Yankees might be looking to trade Stanton. Stanton for Kluber makes a lot of sense.
    There's no way Cleveland would take on the Stanton contract.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

11. Likes:

Donder (11-25-2018),Revering4Blue (11-24-2018)

For Kluber I would like to see a deal like this go down:

Reds trade: Nick Senzel, Tyler Mahle, Robert Stevenson and David Hernandez

Indians trade: Corey Kluber and Greg Allen(OF)

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes View Post
    For Kluber I would like to see a deal like this go down:

Reds trade: Nick Senzel, Tyler Mahle, Robert Stevenson and David Hernandez

Indians trade: Corey Kluber and Greg Allen(OF)
    Kluber is a two time Cy Young winner who was 20-7 with a 2.90 ERA this season. He’s controllable through 2021 on an affordable deal.

This is going to require a massive package.

If the Indians want cheap controllable talent, maybe something like Senzel, Winker, Santillan, and Moss might interest them. Maybe even that’s too little. They may insist on Castillo and Senzel both.

This is such a valuable player, I think it’s all very remote.
    Last edited by Kc61; 11-24-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Wrong target.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Kluber is a two time Cy Young winner who was 20-7 with a 2.90 ERA this season. He’s controllable through 2021 on an affordable deal.

This is going to require a massive package.

If the Indians want cheap controllable talent, maybe something like Senzel, Winker, Santillan, and Moss might interest them. Maybe even that’s too little. They may insist on Castillo and Senzel both.

This is such a valuable player, I think it’s all very remote.
    And if that's he case, Reds shouldn't even consider the deal, especially if Castillo would be involved. Not saying that Kluber isn't worth it (he probably is and I'd love to see him don the wishbone C) but The Reds are in absolutely no position to trade off that much talent for one pitcher.

The whole point of this rebuild was to accumulate talent. They shouldn't be unloading the farm for one player when they aren't one player away from even going .500 much less winning a World Series.

The free agent market is where they should be focusing their attention. Wanna make a splash? Bob should put his money where his mouth is and sign Corbin and/or Eovaldi. I'd also see what Charlie Morton was asking for although I wouldn't go very long term with him at his age.

I'm all for adding talent but The Reds can't afford to subtract talent to make that happen. Not yet at least.
    Last edited by The Operator; 11-24-2018 at 10:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    And if that's he case, Reds shouldn't even co spider the deal. Not saying that he isn't worth it, but The Reds are in absolutely no position to trade off that much talent for one pitcher.
    I don't care how good that co spider is, I will NOT watch a Reds game pitched by a spider.

17. Likes:

TRF (11-26-2018),WrongVerb (11-24-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I don't care how good that co spider is, I will NOT watch a Reds game pitched by a spider.
    Aye.

I just knew someone would see that before I edited it. Phone typing FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

19. Likes:

WrongVerb (11-24-2018)

Turn Off Ads?