Turn Off Ads?

Thread: High School Principal Charged With Stealing $900 from Mentally Handicapped Student

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

High School Principal Charged With Stealing $900 from Mentally Handicapped Student

This is my son's principal.

He was in tears this morning. He loved this guy.

I met him once and could not believe he had his position.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...ped-9-year-old

PASCO COUNTY, Fla. — An elementary school principal was arrested on Thursday for allegedly stealing $900 from a 9-year-old child.

Pasco County deputies arrested Connerton Elementary School principal Edward John Abernathy.

The Sheriff's Office say that on October 23, the 9-year-old student, who is mentally handicapped, brought some of his parents' money to school. When teachers realized the issue, they took the money and counted it, placing it in the principal's office. When the mother of the child went to school to get the money, deputies say the principal gave her only $1,200 not the $2,100 her child had brought to school.

"Subsequent investigation by deputies determined the principal kept the $900 difference," the Pasco County Sheriff's Office wrote in a press release.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: High School Principal Charged With Stealing $900 from Mentally Handicapped Studen

Weird story. How many parents have $2K in cash laying around the house? How did this Principal think he'd get away with this? Keep us posted on this

4. Likes:

Dom Heffner (11-09-2018),Donder (11-09-2018)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: High School Principal Charged With Stealing $900 from Mentally Handicapped Studen

Very strange story.

6. Likes:

Dom Heffner (11-09-2018)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I'd be shocked if the principal didn't have a gambling or drug problem.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

8. Likes:

Dom Heffner (11-09-2018)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

It is tough to think someone would give up their license over $900.

Maybe he didn't realize the teachers counted it, they would make great witnesses that the money was there.

And yes, it is weird that a kid could get hold of $2000 cash and take it from the house.

I'll give an update when I hear something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post

Maybe he didn't realize the teachers counted it, they would make great witnesses that the money was there.

And yes, it is weird that a kid could get hold of $2000 cash and take it from the house.

To assume that someone hadn't counted that much money points back to Dom's disbelief that he had the job. That's despicable what that principal tried to do and probably better he got caught and will be removed from the school system than wait and fail and affect more futures.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post

Please do......something ain't right either way.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

This is not the version of Florida Man that I expected.

13. Likes:

Chip R (11-13-2018),Dom Heffner (11-09-2018)

Turn Off Ads?