Turn Off Ads?

Thread: R.I.P. Roy Clark

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-15-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: R.I.P. Roy Clark

Genius

5. Likes:

GAC (12-08-2018),OldRightHander (11-16-2018),RichRed (12-01-2018)

Man, I'm bummed about this.

I always sorta liked Hee Haw as a kid, but I really appreciate it more now, watching old reruns of it.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (11-15-2018)

Clark was a great great guitarist. Just fabulous! He always seemed likable and just a down home type of guy. I always sort of liked Hee Haw. My dad always watched it. It was corny as all get out but I dare anyone to watch a full show and not come out of it with a laugh or two. RIP Roy Clark
    Reds Fan Since 1971

9. Likes:

Big Klu (11-15-2018),Kingspoint (11-15-2018),marcshoe (11-15-2018),mth123 (11-16-2018),redsfanmia (11-15-2018),Revering4Blue (11-16-2018)

I was friends with his son in college. He didn't grow up with his dad, but was getting to know him at the time and said he seemed like a good guy.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

So, I'm reading his wiki page and a few things made me wonder...born in April of '33, making him 14 and 15 when he won the National Banjo Titles in '47 and '48. It says he was taught by his father to play the guitar when he was 14, implying this is when he first learned to play a stringed instrument, not counting toy instruments.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Sorry to hear of his passing. R.I.P.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Is it weird that I thought he passed away a long time ago? I also thought he was older than that.

My grandparents, when I lived with them, watched Hee Haw every week. Used to drive me nuts. I miss them driving me nuts with it though.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I just learned:

Hee Haw premiered on CBS as a summer 1969 replacement for The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour

That's quite a juxtaposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I just learned:

Hee Haw premiered on CBS as a summer 1969 replacement for The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour

That's quite a juxtaposition.
    It was an intentional one. The whole story's suitable for the politics board.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

16. Likes:

Chip R (11-27-2018)

unrelated (I assume), but I miss Team Clark.

Hee Haw was before my time, though I'm aware of it, and have seen clips, perhaps even a little live when I was little, don't have any real connection to it. RIP
    Posting in the clutch since twenty ought two.

Turn Off Ads?