Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AJ Pollack

Re: AJ Pollack

I'm still focused on the Reds getting pitching. Signing position guys and trading some upper end younger guys like Winker, Trammell, Senzel etc might be the path the team needs to take. If Signing Pollock is step one in a series of moves that brings a couple of longer term arms to town, I can get behind it. If they simply upgrade CF from Hamilton to Pollock, it may feel better, but they will still be a 90 loss team.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Likes:

757690 (11-18-2018),REDREAD (11-19-2018),Revering4Blue (11-18-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    He'll be in AA in 2019 starting out and could easily graduate to Louisville by years end, so yes, he could be ready in 2020. Trammell does not receive an outlandish amount of hype imo, but, I know, if he's a Reds prospect, he must be bad.
    I doubt any GM would pencil in Trammel as Reds’ 2020 starting CFer. CF is certainly a question mark for the team in the next few years.

Trammel just turned 21, hasn’t yet played AA. Even with a super 2019 season at both AA and AAA (not a certainty), he’d be an untested rookie with virtually no MLB experience by 2020. And it’s unclear if he’s a CFer, it’s possible but there is some doubt.

It’s fair to hope that sometime in 2020 Trammel makes his MLB debut. Maybe by 2021 ready for a starting spot - at some OF position. Even that timetable assumes smooth sailing which often doesn’t happen.
    Last edited by Kc61; 11-18-2018 at 07:48 AM.

I believe Siri could be about as good as hamilton or pollack in cf. His d arm and speed plays at mlb level. I can see him with .300 obp and hitting 15-20 hrs. Hopefully this year he can progress as a hitter

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    He'll be in AA in 2019 starting out and could easily graduate to Louisville by years end, so yes, he could be ready in 2020. Trammell does not receive an outlandish amount of hype imo, but, I know, if he's a Reds prospect, he must be bad.
    Yeah, because that is what i said, he sucks because he is a Reds prospect. Maybe actually read a post instead of projecting a false statement made up in your head. He is overhyped, and me thinking that has nothing to do with him being a Reds prospect. People fall in love with so called " athletes" instead of watching progression,and if they can actually play baseball not have the potential tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Senzling Hot View Post
    Yeah, because that is what i said, he sucks because he is a Reds prospect. Maybe actually read a post instead of projecting a false statement made up in your head. He is overhyped, and me thinking that has nothing to do with him being a Reds prospect. People fall in love with so called " athletes" instead of watching progression,and if they can actually play baseball not have the potential tools.
    I get not falling in love with tools alone, but Trammell has actually shown solid production throughout the minors to go along with his freakish tools. He still has some development ahead of him, but I don’t think the hype is unjustified in this case.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Where in the heck did this come from? Chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    I get not falling in love with tools alone, but Trammell has actually shown solid production throughout the minors to go along with his freakish tools. He still has some development ahead of him, but I don’t think the hype is unjustified in this case.
    It is just my opinion after watching him throughout the last few seasons; which, I admit has been only a handful of times. Just an opinion I hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Where in the heck did this come from? Chill.
    Not a fan of unnecessary sarcasm which happens a lot if you like someone who happened to be from Cincinnati or don't think a a Reds prospect is the greatest.

I like Pollock and I think that the outfield (roster) should be revamped. Spend those F.A. dollars on Arms.

Instead of spending that money on Pollock, package B.H. and Winker in various trades and add OF that can man this OF with Schebler and Trammell the next 4-6 years.

All this is would be predicated on moving Winker and Billy elsewhere.
    Raisel Iglesias and Jesse Winker
    to Atlanta
    for Ender Inciarte and either Wright, Soroka, or Anderson, and Thomas Burrows, LHRP.
    Because they are already talking about Acuna wanting to play CF.
    B. H. and $ to Colorado for
    Raimel Tapia
    Blackmon and Dahl are the corner outfielders they'd like to see in 2019.

Cincinnati Reds of
    Tapia, LF
    Inciarte, CF
    Schebler, RF
    With Trammell sliding in 2020 or 2021.
    Plus you've added a SP for Iglesias, all the while readjusted payroll. So still free to add SP via $$$$ free agency.

Cashman wants Jeter Downs in a package for trade of Sonny Gray. Then package Downs along with Scooters salary to the Bronx for Gray and a minor league arm and OF.
    But finally make NYY give up something.
    Last edited by Randymack; 11-18-2018 at 10:53 AM.

12. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (11-18-2018)

I wonder about a three team deal with Philly and Florida. The Marlins need a middle of the order bat for 1B, the Phillies want to open 1b for Hoskins and move Santana while making a serious upgrade to the OF defense. Something along the lines of Hamilton to Philly, Santana, Disco, Vlad and say $4 Million paid by Philly to Miami and Jose Urena to the Reds. The Reds then sign Pollock for CF.

I just think these position player moves need to be tied to acquiring controllable pitching. Moving position players around without moving towards solving the 3 year pitching puzzle doesn't really do anything. Had they added a solution last winter, the situation wouldn't be so dire.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Braves would be unwise to trade Anderson for anything the Reds have.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I wonder about a three team deal with Philly and Florida. The Marlins need a middle of the order bat for 1B, the Phillies want to open 1b for Hoskins and move Santana while making a serious upgrade to the OF defense. Something along the lines of Hamilton to Philly, Santana, Disco, Vlad and say $4 Million paid by Philly to Miami and Jose Urena to the Reds. The Reds then sign Pollock for CF.

I just think these position player moves need to be tied to acquiring controllable pitching. Moving position players around without moving towards solving the 3 year pitching puzzle doesn't really do anything. Had they added a solution last winter, the situation wouldn't be so dire.
    So the Reds basically trade Disco to get a pitcher who is worse with much lower upside than him?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    So the Reds basically trade Disco to get a pitcher who is worse with much lower upside than him?
    Based on what exactly? Is it Disco's general unreliable availability, his 2HR/9 innings or his 4.83 FIP last year that grabs you? Maybe it's the partial tear in his UCL that you like. He has two years of control remaining and is going to be arb eligible. He's a non-tender for me. I have him 8th on my starter depth chart (Castillo, Mahle, Reed, Romano, Sims, Lorenzen and even Homer Bailey) assuming the Reds add nobody.

Urena made 31 starts with 174 IP at 4.17 FIP last year. He'd be better than all internal candidates except for Castillo and he has three years of control remaining.

Not a fan of unnecessary sarcasm which happens a lot if you like someone who happened to be from Cincinnati or don't think a a Reds prospect is the greatest.
    And I get tired of all the "Reds are the worst" "overhyped" stuff that goes with a losing skein. BTW, for someone who doesn't like unnecessary sarcasm "maybe actually read a post" comes very close, doncha think? I think your opinion that he's overhyped is wrong, he has baseball skills to go with freakish athleticism, unlike Siri and Aquino (or, more accurately, none of the gaping holes in his skillset other than a so so arm). Anyway, I apologize for the sarcastic remark - it was not needed to make my point. Certainly wasn't personal.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

18. Likes:

Ron Madden (11-18-2018)

I thought there was talk that Trammell’s arm was so weak it wasn’t deserving of any outfield spot - and now he’s being discussed as a CF? Did I miss something?

Turn Off Ads?