Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sickels' 2019 top 20 is out

Re: Sickels' 2019 top 20 is out

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    So let's not pretend he's Forrest Whitley and declare him untouchable.

It wasn't just his HRs in A+ ball. And I'm not cherrypicking which ones I'm going to pay attention to and ignore in order to paint a sunnier picture. If you look at the sum total of his peripherals at any level, they fall into the okay category (at least over the last two seasons). To me he looks a bit Sal Romano-ish. So, if there was some MLB player I really wanted and Santillan could help get that player, I'd be willing to move him.
    I've got no qualms trading Santillan in a deal for an impact piece. My disagreement was with the notion that he is really a "meh" prospect who is mostly hype at this point and we should actively look to ship him out because his value will never be higher.

Santillan is a AA prospect, you can't just scout the stat line and call it a day, there is a project-ability nature as well, and scouts seem to think is room for more growth with Tony. Romano was never viewed in the same prospect capacity as Santillan for reasons we are seeing now. Lack of a third pitch. Lack of an "out" pitch. Limited ceiling.
    Last edited by Griffey012; 11-29-2018 at 05:37 PM.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

2. Likes:

MikeS21 (11-30-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Re: Sickels' 2019 top 20 is out

Speaking of Sickels, I was disappointed to see SBNation is pulling the plug on Minor League Ball. Hopefully he finds a new home to keep writing.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

5. Likes:

Griffey012 (12-03-2018),M2 (12-01-2018),redsinraleigh (12-07-2018)

Turn Off Ads?