Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which prospect are you the most excited about for 2019?

Re: Which prospect are you the most excited about for 2019?

Probably my top three would be Greene,Trammell, and Santillan. Anxious to see if any of those three can take a step forward.
    “I walk into the clubhouse today and it’s like walking into the Mayo Clinic. We have four doctors, three therapists and five trainers. Back when I broke in, we had one trainer who carried a bottle of rubbing alcohol, and by the 7th inning he’d already drunk it.” —Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Gray, certainly. Jose Garcia. Am curious to see if Ibandel Isabel can build on his very big season. And am interested to follow some of last year's draft choices in their first full seasons--notably, Rylan Thomas, Mike Siani, and of course India.
    Last edited by mace; 11-29-2018 at 10:39 PM.

Andy Sugilio

He's got a speed/power skill set that only a handful of guys in the system have, if that many.

5. Likes:

mace (11-29-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Let's go with Stuart Fairchild and Hendrik Clementina. I find both of these guys intriguing, wondering whether they're fully legit.
    The question about Clementina will be if he has lost weight or not. Bodies of that size just don't survive long. Think of end of career Dmitri Young only at the age of 21
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Debby 'Snack Cakes' Santana. He exploded onto the scene in 2017 as a 16-year old, OPSing .804 in the DSL. He was brought over to the States as a 17-year-old, but got off to a slow start in the Arizona Rookie League. He finally got untracked in the final month of the season, posting a stat line of .329/.380/.589/.969. Fidel Castro, and his +.900 OPS across two levels, is also worth keeping an eye on.

8. Likes:

mace (11-30-2018),RiverRat13 (12-01-2018),TRF (11-30-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Debby 'Snack Cakes' Santana. He exploded onto the scene in 2017 as a 16-year old, OPSing .804 in the DSL. He was brought over to the States as a 17-year-old, but got off to a slow start in the Arizona Rookie League. He finally got untracked in the final month of the season, posting a stat line of .329/.380/.589/.969. Fidel Castro, and his +.900 OPS across two levels, is also worth keeping an eye on.
    Santana and Castro should be in Billings this year.

I'd love for one or both to force their way to Dayton by the end of the season.

Jeter Downs and Tyler Stephenson feel like the lost prospects on Redszone. Both put up quietly solid seasons in 2018, let's see if Ty Steve can tap into that power we know is there, and if Downs can keep hitting as he moves into the upper minors.

11. Likes:

HokieRed (11-30-2018),M2 (11-30-2018),mace (11-30-2018),mth123 (11-30-2018),SoTxRedsFan (11-30-2018)

Turn Off Ads?