Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which prospect are you the most excited about for 2019?

Re: Which prospect are you the most excited about for 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Agreed on Vlad. His peripherals suggest he's more than his sum thus far. He's always shown good control and the ability to strike guys out. It doesn't take much imagination to see things clicking for him and taking a big step forward this year.
    IMO, what he's been showing the Reds is he's not a SP. Maybe it will click for him. More power to him if it does. Yet I think the bullpen is where he stands to make his mark. That would free him of the limits of his frame and secondary stuff.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

Coddle thy pitchers.

2. Likes:

RedlegJake (03-08-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Courtney Hawkins comeback intrigues me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Aristedes Aquino is having a fantastic Spring. There is an aricle projecting the Louisville lineup and has the OF as Mason Williams, Siri and Ervin. IMO, Siri is slated to at least start out in AA. The Reds don't need Aquino in AA. He might have some sleepy value in AAA and with all the talk we've had about him, he's on my radar now. He's more valuable to the reds in the org than he is as a trade piece.
    There is nothing you keep there is only your reflection.

"There was like a softness to it, a glow to it. I felt... I felt warm."

-- Joseph Daniel Votto 7/10/2017

Man, Vlad got crushed today. Still, I want to see how he develops this season.
    “[Reading] is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul" -- Joyce Carol Oates

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Man, Vlad got crushed today. Still, I want to see how he develops this season.
    Yeah, he was terrible, but I don't see any reason to be concerned. It is early in spring training, and he could have been working on something. I didn't see the game so I could be totally off base, but I never put too much stock in spring training unless someone is battling to make the team.
    REDS WIN! REDS WIN!

Gutierrez needs to avoid homers, he’s given up quite a few.

His very low walk rate suggests, perhaps, that he’s coming in too much, maybe needs to throw a few more pitches out of the zone and make hitters “go fishing” a bit more.

You like to see top control, but maybe the coaches can refine his approach so it doesn’t translate into very hittable pitches as often.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Aristedes Aquino is having a fantastic Spring. There is an aricle projecting the Louisville lineup and has the OF as Mason Williams, Siri and Ervin. IMO, Siri is slated to at least start out in AA. The Reds don't need Aquino in AA. He might have some sleepy value in AAA and with all the talk we've had about him, he's on my radar now. He's more valuable to the reds in the org than he is as a trade piece.
    The AAA outfield is probably Wren, Senzel, and Aquino. Ervin likely starting the year on the Reds bench and Williams starting the year on the Bats' bench. Friedl, Trammell, and Siri in AA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    The AAA outfield is probably Wren, Senzel, and Aquino. Ervin likely starting the year on the Reds bench and Williams starting the year on the Bats' bench. Friedl, Trammell, and Siri in AA.
    Wren would be a spare part for me. I'd play Williams over him.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

11. Likes:

mth123 (03-09-2019)

I wouldn't say I'm most excited about any prospect, but I believe RZone is sleeping on Alexis Diaz. He's not going to make RZone's top 40.

The 22 year old, big bodied Puerto Rican will be starting for the Dayton Dragons this year and I expect him to persuade many of you to rank him higher next year. He's a little old for his level, but that's because he missed an entire year after undergoing TJS. If he can develop a changeup this year, he shoots to the top 20 for me.

Vlad Gutierrez
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Hunter Greene. I really want to see him nail down that third pitch and build off what he was doing in the middle of last year. If he succeeds he’ll be a top 10 prospect in all of baseball.

I haven't heard anything this Spring about Ryan Hendrix. Is he healthy? Has he pitched at all for the Reds this Spring?

He threw a scoreless inning for big club.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

That new centerfielder in Louisville looks interesting.
    “[Reading] is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul" -- Joyce Carol Oates

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I haven't heard anything this Spring about Ryan Hendrix. Is he healthy? Has he pitched at all for the Reds this Spring?
    He'll probably pitch today also.

19. Likes:

Sea Ray (03-25-2019)

Turn Off Ads?