Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fangraphs Reds Prospect list

Re: Fangraphs Reds Prospect list

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/kile...-chat-12-5-18/

Just gonna drop this in here because it assuredly was asked over this and only this thread:

Koba: Some Reds fans are ready to end it all over the new Hunter Greene writeup. Any thoughts on why they should step back from that ledge, my friend?
    12:49

Kiley McDaniel: his future pitch grades are 80, 55 and 55 with 60 command

Or, basically, a #1 starter.
    I don’t understand why they gave him a 50 FV then, when their site says 50 FV = #4 starter
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

Alabama (12-07-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I don’t understand why they gave him a 50 FV then, when their site says 50 FV = #4 starter
    I think that Fangraphs typically gives players who are further away from the show, especially if they aren't polished, lower grades due to the enormous amount of volatility in their projections.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

5. Likes:

drowg14 (12-07-2018),Griffey012 (12-07-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    I think that Fangraphs typically gives players who are further away from the show, especially if they aren't polished, lower grades due to the enormous amount of volatility in their projections.
    I think the FV is essentially the median value of all potential outcomes, thus as you stated, a guy further away and less polished is going to have a huge range of potential outcomes.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

7. Likes:

drowg14 (12-07-2018),Plus Plus (12-09-2018)

From today's chat:

12:14
    Lilith: Who from the Reds system are you most excited to see break out next year who might not be a well known prospect (yet)?

12:14
    Kiley McDaniel: https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/top-...ncinnati-reds/

12:16
    Kiley McDaniel: There’s the list. Some higher variance guys to keep an eye on would be the top righties from the last draft class (Josiah Gray moreso than Lyon Richardson), SS Jose Garcia, RF Danny Lantigua, RHP James Marinan, 2B Cash Case

12:16
    Kiley McDaniel: Mike Siani and Jeter Downs would be guys to watch possibly moving onto a top 100 during the year

Turn Off Ads?