1 1.79%
  • Taylor Trammell

28 50.00%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018/2019 Reds Top Prospect Poll - #2

Re: 2018/2019 Reds Top Prospect Poll - #2

Me too. I just don't get the infatuation with Trammel. Maybe and hopefully I'm just missing the boat, and he does become the star some seem to think he will be.

2. Likes:

BillDoran (12-06-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I took Greene. I like the upside more, plus this is a pitching starved organization. I think Greene's value, be that as a player or as a trade piece, is higher.
    "There was like a softness to it, a glow to it. I felt... I felt warm."

-- Joseph Daniel Votto 7/10/2017

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    IMO, the world of difference is Trammell's cruised through A and A+ ball and looks like a kid with a decent chance of reaching a high ceiling. Until Greene shows a plus-plus secondary pitch, I can't call him a generational talent. Great velo, but he's a long way from being a Kershaw.
    well yea, he needs to learn how to throw lefty first before he can pitch lefty.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

6. Likes:

M2 (12-06-2018)

General note on upside: it's fictional. Upside tends to be more about how much we can pretend a kid can be. The younger the kid, the farther away from the bigs, the more we can pretend. Invariably, the older/closer the kid gets, the ceiling drops.

So, in any of these discussions, "upside" largely is a construct of each of our imaginings. For instance, I think Taylor Trammell has more upside than Nick Senzel. IMO, he's got the foundation to be a regular All-Star who has a long career. As he comes into more power in the next few years, he can be truly special. But that's, like, my opinion, man.
    Last edited by M2; 12-06-2018 at 01:30 PM.
    Wanted: Big Red Mechanic

Robert Stephenson should be cut. That's just unconscious knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Senzling Hot View Post
    Me too. I just don't get the infatuation with Trammel. Maybe and hopefully I'm just missing the boat, and he does become the star some seem to think he will be.
    He's the #17 overall prospect in baseball. You're not missing a boat, you're missing a ship.

9. Likes:

Spanky (12-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    He's the #17 overall prospect in baseball. You're not missing a boat, you're missing a ship.
    Prospect rankings mean very little. The few times I have seen him play, I just was not impressed.

My worry with Greene is largely health-related. If he's healthy, IMO, he's going to be an All-Star. There is little he hasn't at least flashed as plus. His off-speed stuff was outstanding in spurts, as was his fastball. His control waxed and waned, but at his peak, he's nearly unhittable with true TOR stuff.

With Trammell, I worry about whether his power and arm will hinder him enough to be a solid contributor rather than a true difference maker. For that reason, Greene gets my nod for #2.

Prospect rankings mean very little. The few times I have seen him play, I just was not impressed.
    glad you're not a scout.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Greene for me has the highest upside and while the elbow is a concern it is not enough to overcome 103.

Prospect rankings are a collective thought of talent and potential of a player made by people who know a lot more about the game then we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Prospect rankings are a collective thought of talent and potential of a player made by people who know a lot more about the game then we do.
    Yet they still mean very little. People let the hype train take over. Not that that is the case with Trammel. In general i take prospect rankings with a grain of salt. Fun to read, but at this stage who knows which way they go. There is always so called top prospects who miss. It is just no where close to an exact science, and was pointed out so intelligently I am not nor claim to be any sort of scout other than a boy scout.

Turn Off Ads?