1 1.79%
  • Taylor Trammell

28 50.00%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018/2019 Reds Top Prospect Poll - #2

2018/2019 Reds Top Prospect Poll - #2

With a whopping 89.6% of the vote, Nick Senzel was voted #1 Prospect. None one voted "other". I've added Tyler Stephenson. If someone votes for an "other" I'll add their name to the poll.

Hunter Greene (19) - 1st round pick (2nd overall) in 2017 draft. 4.48 ERA in 68 innings. 89K's 23 walks. 14.63 in April significantly better after that.
    Jonathan India - (22) 1st round pick (5th overall) in 2018 draft. .240 avg, .380 OBP, .814 OPS over 3 levels in 2018.
    Tony Santillan (21) - Drafted 2nd round of 2015 Draft. 3.08 ERA 134/38 K to walks in 2 levels ending in AA
    Tyler Stephenson (22) - C from Kennesaw Mountain, Kennesaw, GA. Drafted 1st round of 2015 Draft (#11 overall)
    Taylor Trammel (21) - Competitive A Draft (#35 overall) in 2016. .277 .375 OBP and .781 OPS in High A.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2018/2019 Reds Top Prospect Poll - #2

I went with India. He is 10 months older than Trammell so it's not like there is a huge age difference. I expect India to up bigger numbers this year than the 8 homer, .781 OPS that Trammell put up last year.

I assume I will be in the minority.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 12-05-2018 at 12:21 AM.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

4. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (12-05-2018)

Trammell for me. I think he's going to be everyone's favorite player in the future.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

Coddle thy pitchers.

Trammell over Greene by a hair. Trammell moves into AA and within distance of the big leagues if things go well. Greene seems a far way off to me and I still think his elbow is a question at this point, but he's next. Then there is a pretty big gap to he next two or three guys followed by another big gap.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

I voted Greene because of the high draft status and arm potential. If he doesn't produce this year, he doesn't get my vote this time next year (and we know how big a deal that is haha).

Trammell.

Had to factor the forearm situation of Greene into things. If that wasn’t there I’d have said Greene...the added risk gave Taylor the edge.

Trammell. Just closer than Greene plus I want to see a full healthy year from Hunter although I think his ceiling is way higher, Trammell has produced more.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Greene is second best for me, highest upside, premium position — but Hunter’s health is a question so I’ll vote Trammel at 2 and Greene at 3.
    Last edited by Kc61; 12-05-2018 at 09:01 PM.

Greene, and it’s not close for me. I don’t think he gets enough respect around this board. He adjusted to A-ball at an exceptionally young age and showed real improvement over the course of the season. He has maybe the highest upside of any pitcher in baseball and shows no signs of slowing down. The injury concerns are being overstated, as is his distance from the big leagues. To me he’s a blue-chip prospect on par with Senzel.

I think the real reason people aren’t more excited about him is because the Reds have had a bad string of pitcher flameouts lately. Whether you think that’s due to bad luck or bad development, that’s no reason to hold it against Hunter’s ranking.

12. Likes:

Senzling Hot (12-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    Greene, and it’s not close for me. I don’t think he gets enough respect around this board. He adjusted to A-ball at an exceptionally young age and showed real improvement over the course of the season.
    Taylor kicked butt in A ball as a teenager.

Coddle thy pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Taylor kicked butt in A ball as a teenager.
    Thereís a world of difference between expectations for a 19 year old hitter and an 18 year old pitcher. Donít get me wrong, I love Taylor too, but Hunter has the potential to be a once in a generation prospect and has done everything asked of him to this point. I see no reason to equivocate on him now.

There’s a world of difference between expectations for a 19 year old hitter and an 18 year old pitcher. Don’t get me wrong, I love Taylor too, but Hunter has the potential to be a once in a generation prospect and has done everything asked of him to this point. I see no reason to equivocate on him now.
    IMO, the world of difference is Trammell's cruised through A and A+ ball and looks like a kid with a decent chance of reaching a high ceiling. Until Greene shows a plus-plus secondary pitch, I can't call him a generational talent. Great velo, but he's a long way from being a Kershaw.

Coddle thy pitchers.

I think the real reason people aren’t more excited about him is because the Reds have had a bad string of pitcher flameouts lately. Whether you think that’s due to bad luck or bad development, that’s no reason to hold it against Hunter’s ranking.
    Nobody is holding anything against Hunter. It's not like we're putting him at 5th or 6th here. I think its Trammel, and its not close for me. Its just the simple facts like how well he's advanced for a HS kid, he really hasn't had any significant valleys etc.

If we're talking potential then yeah, Greene takes the cake but these rankings aren't soley based on potential, you have to consider other things, like results and health.

Greene has more upside, but Trammell is almost as sure of a thing as you can have for a prospect who hasn't gotten to AA yet. I also just tend to favor hitters over pitchers because of health concerns, and Greene ended his season early with arm troubles.

Trammell for me. Greene will be an easy pick at 3 though.

I expected this to be a blowout win for Greene almost at the level of Senzel's blowout for spot #1. Oops.

Turn Off Ads?