Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Redszone Prospect Poll Archive

Redszone Prospect Poll Archive

I wanted to look at past years to see how Redszone voted in previous prospect polls, so I figured I'd compile them all here. Maybe sticky this to the top if there's interest in it? I could only really find stuff back to 2011/2012 so if anyone has anything to add let me know.

2011/2012
    2012/2013
    2013/2014
    2014/2015
    2015/2016
    2016/2017
    2017/2018

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-09-2018),mace (12-09-2018),reds77 (12-09-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Redszone Prospect Poll Archive

I like it. In my mind we have to many stickies, but I suspect we can keep it fresh.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I like it. In my mind we have to many stickies, but I suspect we can keep it fresh.
    What about if at the end of the poll each year we went back and voted MVP/Heisman style for the top 10 or 20? (10 pts for first place, 9 for 2nd etc...)

I feel like going spot by spot voting for your favorite still on the list may skew the overall view.

Looking at some of the older lists got me googling some of the lesser known guys:

1. I had no idea that Juan Francisco made a major league roster for 6 straight years. Then again it still blows my mind that Chris Denorfia had a ten year MLB career.
    2. I completely forgot about Neftali Soto. He was apparently playing in the Washington system up until 2017.
    3. Yorman Rodriguez was in the top 10 for four years and fell to number 11 in year 5. Apparently he's in the Venezuelan Winter League now. Also, the Blue Jays have a Yorman Rodriguez.
    4. Robert Stephenson was in the top 5 for five years.
    5. David Holmberg made one top ten list. Mr. Holmberg is still at it, he pitched in 2017 for the White Sox and is currently down on the Colorado farm.
    6. Daniel Corcino, what a fall from grace that guy had. From top 5 prospect with Cueto comparisons to organizational filler. He's still at it too, he pitched 4 innings for the Dodgers last year.
    7. Seth Mejias-Brean was alongside David Holmberg on that top ten list. He's in the Seattle system now.

I don't know if this is recency bias but just looking at the guys we have on the farm now compared to 5 years ago and the farm has really improved. The high draft picks probably haven't hurt in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post
    I don't know if this is recency bias but just looking at the guys we have on the farm now compared to 5 years ago and the farm has really improved. The high draft picks probably haven't hurt in that regard.
    I think it's Rose Colored Glasses. We see all the potential. But if you take the three guys voted in so far this year and the next 7 being considered, only one has played in AAA and 2 in AA. That's means 70% of our Top 10 (roughly) will not have hit that AA wall yet. There's probably a lot of flameouts in our Top 20... we just don't know who they are yet.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

8. Likes:

mth123 (12-10-2018),podgejeff_ (12-10-2018)

Turn Off Ads?