Turn Off Ads?
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465

Thread: 2019 Winter Meetings thread

Re: 2019 Winter Meetings thread

Quote Originally Posted by Homer's Ghost View Post
    It all depends on what other moves are made, honestly. In a vacuum, I wouldn't love it. If it opens up Barnhart to land a pitcher, I would be alright with it.

I get this idea that TayTram could be special, but Realmuto is arguably the best player at his position in baseball right now.
    I have warmed up to the idea of trading for Realmuto. He would make the offense much more powerful, and while it is no way a financial behemoth, now may be a prudent time to cash in on Tucker's contract while it seems like a good deal. There are a handful of contenders looking for solid catching help (LAD, Cleveland, NYM, BOS), and only a couple of guys available as free agents. And we all watched Grandal's defensive meltdowns in the playoffs, which only boosts the appeal of Tucker.

I really like the idea of speeding up the competitive window with the proposed LA deal, Realmuto trade, and potential spending in the FA market. If one or both of these deals go down soon, we may just see the Reds develop a bit of shine, which could lure one of the 2nd tier FA guys like Keuchel/Gonzalez or a Pollack. Though the cost may be Taylor Trammell, you'll be getting a very competitive team around Votto while he can still put up MVP numbers.

And if Tucker isn't flipped to LAD, I'd love to loosen up the Mets' OF glut and bring Nimmo in to man CF.
    Last edited by Mitri; 12-14-2018 at 12:14 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Burger Beer View Post
    Maybe the trade proposal never reached the point of needing to ask him.
    That's my guess

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I have warmed up to the idea of trading for Realmuto. He would make the offense much more powerful, and while it is no way a financial behemoth, now may be a prudent time to cash in on Tucker's contract while it seems like a good deal. There are a handful of contenders looking for solid catching help (LAD, Cleveland, NYM, BOS), and only a couple of guys available as free agents. And we all watched Grandal's defensive meltdowns in the playoffs, which only boosts the appeal of Tucker.
    One other thing to consider with Realmuto. He plays for Miami and still puts up those kind of numbers. He could be a .285/.360/.525 catcher in a Reds uni. My hope would be if the Reds trade for him they also try and extend him.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

5. Likes:

Old school 1983 (12-14-2018),reds77 (12-14-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    One other thing to consider with Realmuto. He plays for Miami and still puts up those kind of numbers. He could be a .285/.360/.525 catcher in a Reds uni. My hope would be if the Reds trade for him they also try and extend him.
    You bring up an important point. Realmuto was in a lineup with hitters like Justin Bour, Starlin Castro, and Derek Dietrich protecting him. Realmuto could likely produce better numbers with guys like Votto and Suarez around him.

Quote Originally Posted by reds77 View Post
    You bring up an important point. Realmuto was in a lineup with hitters like Justin Bour, Starlin Castro, and Derek Dietrich protecting him. Realmuto could likely produce better numbers with guys like Votto and Suarez around him.
    That's another good point, I wasn't even considering the lineup differential, just the park differential.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

With Wilson Ramos signing with the Mets, I really REALLY don't want to trade for Realmuto. Especially if one of the big 3 must go in the deal.

Focus on trading Bailey for Wood and an OF, signing Keuchel and/or Pollack, and use your trade chips for another arm if necessary. I think dealing Schebler for one or two of Atlanta's young arms makes the most sense.
    Last edited by Benihana; 12-16-2018 at 06:08 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?