Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Possible 2019 Starting Lineup

Possible 2019 Starting Lineup

If some of these rumors are true this could be our lineup and what their 2018 Average was.
    I hate giving up prospects but I like this lineup. Righty Left all the way down the lineup.

Perraza .288
    Vote .284
    Kemp .290
    Gennet .310
    Suarez .288
    Winker .299
    Realmuto .278
    Inciarte .265

Pitching
    Castillo
    Wood
    Kuechel
    Roark
    DeSclafani

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Possible 2019 Starting Lineup

So is Kemp a LF or a RF? Last year he made most of his starts as a LF. And where would Winker play if he's not a LF?

Yeah Kemp and Winker in the same OF would be brutal, and it's not like our IF defense set the world on fire last year. If we acquire Kemp in a trade with LA he needs to be flipped to an AL team in need of a DH.

5. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (12-13-2018)

Just stick Senzel in RF in this situation and leave kemp alone. Or get puig who isn’t a great defender, but is at least an RF..

Sees starting 8 without Senzel.

Sees Perraza, Gennet, and Vote.

Closes thread.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

8. Likes:

EricTheGoat44 (12-13-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    Yeah Kemp and Winker in the same OF would be brutal, and it's not like our IF defense set the world on fire last year. If we acquire Kemp in a trade with LA he needs to be flipped to an AL team in need of a DH.
    Kemp is due $21 million, he's hard to "flip." That's exactly why the Dodgers are taking on Homer Bailey. You going to pay someone $15 million to take Kemp? Doubt Reds will do that.

I see further moves (not salary dumps) rearranging the outfield. There also could be an outfield rotation which worked pretty well last year. Some of these guys don't need to play every day and several are injury prone.
    Last edited by Kc61; 12-13-2018 at 11:42 AM.

we should trade for mike trout and sign bryce harper

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Deagle View Post
    So is Kemp a LF or a RF? Last year he made most of his starts as a LF. And where would Winker play if he's not a LF?
    According to Dick a couple of months ago, RF belongs to Winker.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    According to Dick a couple of months ago, RF belongs to Winker.
    Only if they keep him and scheb. Both are more LFs than RFs.

If the Reds got Kemp for Bailey in some kind of deal then it makes a Winker trade to an AL team for a starter almost imperative. I agree that Winker Kemp in the corners would be brutal defensively. Some kind of deal like Winker for Cobb, or Winker as part of a Kluber or Bauer deal (with more added around those principals obviously) or even Winker in part of a blockbuster LA deal that included Kemp or Puig, and Wood and Hill.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Reds acquire Realmuto (Trammell as the principal Reds part) and send Barnhart to LA with Gutierrez, Isabel and Bailey for Kemp, Joe's rights and Wood? Then flip Winker, Hughes and India to Cleveland for Bauer.

Bauer
    Wood
    Roark
    Castillo
    Mahle/Reed/Disco

Peraza SS
    Votto 1B
    Suarez 3B
    Kemp LF
    Realmuto C
    Gennett 2B
    Senzel CF
    Schebler LF

I added Isabel for Joe to the deal simply bc LA might still be intrigued by Isabel's raw power enough to swap prospects and take Isabel back into the Dodger fold. Peripherals indicate, to me anyway, that Joe has a better chance of being a big league hitter. Probably a lot better. Just an idea but LA might not like it or want to clutter up the main deal. Maybe as a separate swap. Then Joe could go to Louisville as an emergency stash. Farm is barren after these deals though and Senzel's promo. Greene, Gray, Friedl, Stephenson, Garcia, Downs, Joe and Santillan are about all that's left. That's a small core for a farm system.
    Last edited by RedlegJake; 12-13-2018 at 01:35 PM.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Deagle View Post
    I was thinking Winker in Right and Kemp in Left. Maybe we get Puig instead of Kemp and have him play Right and Winker in left. At least Puig has a good arm. I know defensively it hurts that is why they need to deal for Inciarte a Gold glove in Center. This would be better than Schebler, Senzel and Winker.

- - - Updated - - -

I would never give up Senzel and India for Bauer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    If some of these rumors are true this could be our lineup and what their 2018 Average was.
    I hate giving up prospects but I like this lineup. Righty Left all the way down the lineup.

Perraza .288
    Vote .284
    Kemp .290
    Gennet .310
    Suarez .288
    Winker .299
    Realmuto .278
    Inciarte .265

Pitching
    Castillo
    Wood
    Kuechel
    Roark
    DeSclafani
    Wow! Those are some really low projected-ops's.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?