Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Anyone feel like taking an early stab on the most likely 5 AAA and 5 AA Starters?

Anyone feel like taking an early stab on the most likely 5 AAA and 5 AA Starters?

It's always in flux, and nobody is holding anyone to their opinion here, but in April and May, who are the most likely 5 AA and AAA Starters?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Anyone feel like taking an early stab on the most likely 5 AAA and 5 AA Starters?

This is what Roster Resource has for the Reds after the Roark trade:

Code:
    AAA	SP/RP	47	Sal Romano	R	
    AAA	SP/RP	39	Lucas Sims	R	
    AAA	SP/RP	23	Cody Reed	L	
    AAA	SP	66	Jose Lopez	R	
    AAA	SP/RP	60	Keury Mella	R	
    AAA	SP		Vladimir Gutierrez	R	
    AAA	SP		Seth Varner	L	

AA	SP		Tony Santillan	R	
    AA	SP/RP		Scott Moss	L	
    AA	SP		Ryan Lillie	R	
    AA	SP		Wyatt Strahan	R	
    AA	SP		Tejay Antone	R	

A+	SP		Hunter Greene	R	
    A+	SP		Packy Naughton	L	
    A+	SP/RP		Austin Orewiler	R	
    A+	SP/RP		Wendolyn Bautista	R	

A	SP		Josiah Gray	R	
    A	SP		Jacob Heatherly	L	
    A	SP		James Marinan	R	
    A	SP		Nick Hanson	R	
    A	SP		Jared Solomon	R	
    A	SP		Alexis Diaz	R	

Rk	SP		Lyon Richardson	R
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Re: Anyone feel like taking an early stab on the most likely 5 AAA and 5 AA Starters?

FYI

Ryan Lillie came over from the Marlins for Cash Considerations (not to be confused with Cash Case) in early October. I put this here on the off chance you saw the list above and had to Google Ryan Lilllie (not that I would have to do such a thing.)

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2018/ALL

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-16-2018),mace (12-14-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    FYI

Ryan Lillie came over from the Marlins for Cash Considerations (not to be confused with Cash Case) in early October. I put this here on the off chance you saw the list above and had to Google Ryan Lilllie (not that I would have to do such a thing.)

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2018/ALL
    Not to quibble too much, but he did not cost the Reds a dime. Cincinnati sent the Marlins the baseball equivalent to bitcoins - international cap space.

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-16-2018)

A couple of wildcards are Wennington Romero and Andrew Jordan. These were 20 year old kids making starts in A+. Jordan made 8 starts at A+ late in the year and probably repeats there. Romero made 24 stats at A+ throwing 130 innings. I think he's overlooked on prospect lists because his results aren't awesome, but at his age to already have a full season in A+ would seem to indicate that the Reds have plans for him. I could see things clicking with him at some point. He might be in AA in 2019. He turns 21 in January. Not sure.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-16-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Not to quibble too much, but he did not cost the Reds a dime. Cincinnati sent the Marlins the baseball equivalent to bitcoins - international cap space.
    I'd gladly give you some dimes for some bitcoins.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    A couple of wildcards are Wennington Romero and Andrew Jordan. These were 20 year old kids making starts in A+. Jordan made 8 starts at A+ late in the year and probably repeats there. Romero made 24 stats at A+ throwing 130 innings. I think he's overlooked on prospect lists because his results aren't awesome, but at his age to already have a full season in A+ would seem to indicate that the Reds have plans for him. I could see things clicking with him at some point. He might be in AA in 2019. He turns 21 in January. Not sure.
    My understanding with Romero is that he doesn't have much of a fastball. He's got off-speed offerings and polish but when a pitcher can't bring the heat they'll get doubted at every level...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I agree with everything here except the part about Trump promising to drain the swamp of rich elites. When did he say that? I think he's putting in rich guys with the idea that they can't be bought. I don't think he ever promised not to put in rich white guys.

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-16-2018),mth123 (12-15-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    My understanding with Romero is that he doesn't have much of a fastball. He's got off-speed offerings and polish but when a pitcher can't bring the heat they'll get doubted at every level...
    Yeah. His K/9 really dropped in A+ and the last report I saw him said his FB was fringey. He's said to have a plus curve and plus command. I wonder if his FB might uptick with some maturity. If not, he may be a decent late game match-up guy. Still seems a better bet to be a big leaguer than Okey or Longhi who do get prospect love.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

14. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-17-2018),Kingspoint (12-16-2018)

Turn Off Ads?