• Jose Siri

14 21.88%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018/2019 Prospect Poll - Prospect #7

Re: 2018/2019 Prospect Poll - Prospect #7

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    These polls run till spring training. But knock yourself out in the meantime.
    I wouldn’t do it till it was all said and done.

Can I ask you a question Jax? What is a better representation of a Top 10...using this “knockout” system or a ranked voting poll? For me a Top 10 would be best served with ranked voting.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I wouldn’t do it till it was all said and done.

Can I ask you a question Jax? What is a better representation of a Top 10...using this “knockout” system or a ranked voting poll? For me a Top 10 would be best served with ranked voting.
    I have no idea. I have no problem with this method. If you want to run a Top 10 your way... proceed.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

I have no idea. I have no problem with this method. If you want to run a Top 10 your way... proceed.
    Not trying to step on your toes Jax. Sorry if I irked you as your “knock yourself out” comment implies.

I'm totally serious. If you want to do to, go ahead. I think you'll have more interest now than you would once spring training starts which is when this usually peters out.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

I'm totally serious. If you want to do to, go ahead. I think you'll have more interest now than you would once spring training starts which is when this usually peters out.
    No these polls are fun. They extend all winter - that’s great.

But I’d love a “winters end” Top 10 once everyone has been discussed where we each rank our top 10 and score the results accordingly. While it would be more accurate in my mind I would worry some guys could skew that vote by outrageously ranking guys high/low.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    We might be too down on Shed (aside from 757690), Fangraphs had him at #7 in their newest ranking.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/top-...ncinnati-reds/

(Siri #9, Friedl #15, )
    Donít forget me!

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...=1#post3877048

Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

I don't think there's any way to do ranked voting polls on this site.
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I don't think there's any way to do ranked voting polls on this site.
    Nah. But like I said - at the end if everyone submits their own 10 I’d tab up the votes. I’d be curious to see if there was a difference.

I'm going Shed Long.

He's young (22) and fairly advanced (AA). He should see a serious bump in his power numbers as he moves to AAA.

Blocked about three ways at the major league level, but could well end up a .280/ .350/ .450 20/20 guy who plays adequate 2B defense.

Siri's tools are better, but he hasn't shown enough patience to garner a vote above Long. Friedl hit worse and is a year more mature. He's close, but a lack of power hurts him for me. Gray's got a ways to go, but his numbers were ridiculous. He's somewhere around here too. So are Gutierrez and Downs.

Lots of guys who profile at about the same value. Tough to make a list, but a good sign of the strength of the farm.

10. Likes:

Mitri (12-16-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I'm going Shed Long.

He's young (22) and fairly advanced (AA). He should see a serious bump in his power numbers as he moves to AAA.

Blocked about three ways at the major league level, but could well end up a .280/ .350/ .450 20/20 guy who plays adequate 2B defense.

Siri's tools are better, but he hasn't shown enough patience to garner a vote above Long. Friedl hit worse and is a year more mature. He's close, but a lack of power hurts him for me. Gray's got a ways to go, but his numbers were ridiculous. He's somewhere around here too. So are Gutierrez and Downs.

Lots of guys who profile at about the same value. Tough to make a list, but a good sign of the strength of the farm.
    I like Shed. It's the BA that's going to determine his future.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

Gutierrez gets my vote over Shed Long. Vlad did well at AA, his K rate improved, fewer baserunners on average. Low walk pitcher.

Still on track to be a starter, has more value IMO than the others on the board.

13. Likes:

OGB (12-17-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    We might be too down on Shed (aside from 757690), Fangraphs had him at #7 in their newest ranking.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/top-...ncinnati-reds/

(Siri #9, Friedl #15, )
    8 of their top-26 prospects are expected to arrive next season they say. That's a lot of youth being added, it seems. Maybe not.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I donít get why people are sleeping on Siri
    That K/BB. Iíve seen this show too many times before.

16. Likes:

RedlegJake (12-17-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I think it’s the power. Long’s SLG dropped from .477 to .412 in his full year at AA. His ISO power dropped after A+ level.

If he’s only a .412 SLG guy I see him as a decent player at second but not more. He’s a good OBP man, although at minor league level.

If he can get his power up a bit, and OPS, say, .770-780 at the MLB level, he can be a solid starter at that position. He’s a gamer, I think he can do it. Once Vlad goes off the board, I’m for Shed.
    Last edited by Kc61; 12-17-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I think it’s the power. Long’s SLG dropped from .477 to .412 in his full year at AA. His ISO power dropped after A+ level.

If he’s only a .412 SLG guy I see him as a decent player at second but not more. He’s a good OBP man, although at minor league level.

If he can get his power up a bit, and OPS, say, .770-780 at the MLB level, he can be a solid starter at that position. He’s a gamer, I think he can do it. Once Vlad goes off the board, I’m for Shed.
    He's .272/.353/.435 for his career. His ISO last season (.151) is pretty much in line with that. It's having his BA drop to .250 or .240 that would tank his SLG the most. I'm not worried about the .150+ ISO.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Even at .250, he's serviceable.

His power will play, and he's got enough competitiveness to steal 15 bases or so each year (and perpetually take the extra base).

IMO, he's got a few really solid seasons in him. GAB will help a bunch. Small parks tend to boost HR totals. I see him as a Ray Durham/ Bobby Grich type of guy at his peak and Brad Miller at his most likely.

He's a gamer, much like Friedl. (According to scouting reports and first-person accounts.) Here's an interesting fluff piece on him.

20. Likes:

M2 (12-18-2018)

Turn Off Ads?