Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Harvey signs with Angels

Re: Report: Harvey signs with Angels

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Hopefully it's an incoming Alex Wood that makes them truly redundant. That deal needs to happen. I'm starting to get wistful over it not happening.
    Same. Even if it means Matt Kemp manning LF in a wheelchair.

2. Turn Off Ads?

There's a lot of offseason left, but right now the team has (1) replaced Harvey with Roark, (2) let Billy Hamilton walk, and (3) been in a lot of rumors. There is still a massive amount of work to be done.

4. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-19-2018)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Same. Even if it means Matt Kemp manning LF in a wheelchair.
    Nah. Flip Kemp (and some cash?) to the Orioles for Alex Cobb.

Castillo
    Wood
    Cobb
    Roark
    Disco/Mahle/Reed/et al
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Nah. Flip Kemp (and some cash?) to the Orioles for Alex Cobb.

Castillo
    Wood
    Cobb
    Roark
    Disco/Mahle/Reed/et al
    Nah, they can afford to eat Kemp's deal and be scot-free of both Homer and Kemp by 2020. Plus Wood-Cobb-Roark is a little too much vanilla for me.

Quote Originally Posted by osuceltic View Post
    There's a lot of offseason left, but right now the team has (1) replaced Harvey with Roark, (2) let Billy Hamilton walk, and (3) been in a lot of rumors. There is still a massive amount of work to be done.
    In a division where we are the cellar dweller, we’ve done the least. It’s a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Jones View Post
    Yes, Harvey should have been traded at the deadline.

However, what would we have gotten for him? Another team’s Tanner Rainey? Nothing to really get upset about IMO.
    Nobody is getting upset about not having something to show for Harvey. It's the inaction of the FO along with the unspoken idea that keeping Harvey was a move that was made as a precursor to a likely contract with the Reds in FA.

I don't give them much flak about Cozart because the SS market was terrible that year but they could've moved Harvey for something.

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-20-2018),Tom Servo (12-19-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Hopefully it's an incoming Alex Wood that makes them truly redundant. That deal needs to happen. I'm starting to get wistful over it not happening.
    Agreed it needs to happened, and I think it will.

And I don’t think Kemp is useless at this point in his career if he’s used correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Too lit to play in Cincy.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I would have like him for that deal. 11 Million base and you hope he reaches his incentives for extra 3.
    Exactly!
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Homer's Ghost View Post
    Agreed it needs to happened, and I think it will.

And I don’t think Kemp is useless at this point in his career if he’s used correctly.
    I would like it if it did, but I don't see it.

-- Bailey has no-trade rights...not sure why he would waive them.
    -- Kemp and especially Wood are still useful players. They Dodgers could dump them to some team without having to deal with Bailey's contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Plus Wood-Cobb-Roark is a little too much vanilla for me.
    I've long been of the view the Reds need to good at vanilla. Get the innings eaten, give the offense a chance to win.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

15. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-19-2018),Revering4Blue (12-20-2018)

Haunted by walks

It sounds like the Dodgers only need to make the trade if they’re getting Harper, which could still happen.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Nobody is getting upset about not having something to show for Harvey. It's the inaction of the FO along with the unspoken idea that keeping Harvey was a move that was made as a precursor to a likely contract with the Reds in FA.

I don't give them much flak about Cozart because the SS market was terrible that year but they could've moved Harvey for something.
    I don’t really get that though, to me those two things are pretty inseparable. What’s the point in being mad about their inaction if they weren’t going to get much of anything for him in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    Incompetence. That’s all it is
    Maybe the decision to not bring Harvey back wasn't made until Roark was acquired.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post

Was it inaction? A sign of goodwill towards him signing back? Or was it that the offers were so underwhelming to them that they made the calculation that the innings he gave them from the deadline on were worth more than the trade return they were offered? I believe that something is better than nothing, but if their reason for not dealing him was the latter, I understand it.

20. Likes:

OGB (12-19-2018)

Turn Off Ads?