Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Reds are still trying to deal for Sonny Gray

Re: Reds are still trying to deal for Sonny Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Pretty nervous about this trade going down given the insane price tag that’s already been put out there.
    That never bothered me. It’s like the MSRP at TJMaxx...it’s an imaginary number.

2. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (Today)

3. Turn Off Ads?

It’s going to be an overpay. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. The team needs talent at the MLB level.
    “We’re going to get the pitching.” -Bob Castellini

I'm torn on this. If we get 2017 Sonny Gray then it's a great trade, and if he repeats last year it's likely not so great. The silver lining for me is that he had a 4.17 FIP so even if he repeats that hopefully his ERA won't be in the high 4's. Shed + a lotto pick or Shed and Mella is fine with me. Between Senzel and India we should be set at 2B for a long time.

Barnhart just tweeted a pic of three smiling suns...

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    Barnhart just tweeted a pic of three smiling suns...
    Poor reference Tucker.

8. Likes:

TRF (Today)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    If the Reds get Gray and give up the two named prospects, it'll be likely that they'll decide by the trade deadline to deal at least one, and possibly all three of the newly acquired pitchers for more prospects unless they are sniffing around a playoff berth. Then they'll likely do the same thing next winter. I can see this as their game plan rather than signing free agent pitchers to long term Milton-ish contracts.
    So they're going to pull a Cozart Harvey?

Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

Steve Mancuso
    @spmancuso

Reds have zero interest in leaking names of players Yankees asking about. So, leaks from the Yankee side means they are trying to drive the market up.

Moving in right direction for Reds. Good chance deal ends up for less than Long/Stephenson.
    9:31pm · 18 Jan 2019
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. -- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Likes:

tcnoles1 (Today)

FYI: You don't want to pull your Cozart, it hurts.

Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    FYI: You don't want to pull your Cozart, it hurts.
    Family board!
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Yankees 40 man is full, but they have a few players they can certainly drop off without being to hurt about it. Ottavino is taking Gray's spot. But because they do have that roster crunch, it gives the Reds a different kind of bargaining power.

Yankees don't have a spot for Gray, and they don't WANT him, like the Nats didn't want Roark and for god knows whatever reason, the Dodgers didn't want Wood.

I hope the Reds take advantage of that.
    "There was like a softness to it, a glow to it. I felt... I felt warm."

-- Joseph Daniel Votto 7/10/2017

15. Likes:

Spanky (Today)

Even a bad Gray is better then some of the options we tossed out there last season.

Wood Gray and Roark are much better then last year.

I don’t think it really matters who we move for him as long as it’s not a top 5 guy. Sometime people get to invested in prospects.

17. Likes:

WrongVerb (Today)

Rumor is Reds might send a Competitve Balance draft pick in deal for Gray. It’s mentioned in the MLBTR article on this.

Sorry if it’s already been mentioned.

This is not something I wanted to happen, but I’ll wait out the off-season before forming final judgments. Get all the facts first. All these one-year players, not my style of building.
    Last edited by Kc61; Today at 06:05 PM.

Turn Off Ads?