Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars 2019 Season

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars 2019 Season

So in the end, it appears the LB we took in 3rd round may not have been such a surprise to NFL guys. The 49's in their post draft press conference brought him up on their own, and said he was a good player and went right where he should.

We picked up a running back from Temple (which we needed), and a developmental QB in Gardner Minshew out of Wash St. Really interested to see what develops with him as far as being the backup. Quick release, accurate and supposedly as smart as they come. And apparently, quite he personality.

Pretty happy with the draft.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    So in the end, it appears the LB we took in 3rd round may not have been such a surprise to NFL guys. The 49's in their post draft press conference brought him up on their own, and said he was a good player and went right where he should.

We picked up a running back from Temple (which we needed), and a developmental QB in Gardner Minshew out of Wash St. Really interested to see what develops with him as far as being the backup. Quick release, accurate and supposedly as smart as they come. And apparently, quite he personality.

Pretty happy with the draft.
    Getting Allen and Taylor is like the Ramsey/Jack draft again and I love it.

I didn't realize Minshew finished 5th in Heisman voting.

Telvin Smith is sitting out the 2019 season for personal reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Telvin Smith is sitting out the 2019 season for personal reasons.
    If you saw his video from a couple days ago, it didn't give you a warm fuzzy feeling about his mental state.

Also Cody Kessler was released. For now Jags backup will be 6th rounder Gardner Minshew, 2018 6th rounder, Tanner Lee or Alex McCough. The feeling is the job is Minshew's to lose. The can always pick up a veteran off the street as another option.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    If you saw his video from a couple days ago, it didn't give you a warm fuzzy feeling about his mental state.

Also Cody Kessler was released. For now Jags backup will be 6th rounder Gardner Minshew, 2018 6th rounder, Tanner Lee or Alex McCough. The feeling is the job is Minshew's to lose. The can always pick up a veteran off the street as another option.
    I'm very interested to see what the team has to say after they are able to communicate with him and get an idea of what's going on.

I'm always 100% for the individual person > the athlete but I hope he's making the right choice. It's difficult to come back into most any pro sport after a year away. If he does sit and plays again it'll be about 19-20 months between live game action. Football would be especially difficult to come back to and especially once a player gets into their late 20s/early 30s.

Not sure how I feel about a rookie being the next man up if something happened with Foles. With a team still built to compete I would hope they'd have a safer option for QB2 and carry Minshew as QB3.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 05-10-2019 at 06:51 AM.

Turn Off Ads?