Turn Off Ads?
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465
Results 961 to 972 of 972

Thread: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

  1. #961
    Member Spanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    885

    Re: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    It's going to be so awesome to see Pittsburgh move up to grab Bush or White.
    this would not be cool.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #962
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

    I saw a post on Twitter from a younger Bengals fan complaining about how he's tired of so many other Bengals fan complaining about the team/franchise. It made we realize that there's a whole generation of Bengals fans that never experienced the terror and apathy of the 1990's Bengals. I almost responded to this anonymous guy but I let it go. He simply has no idea what the 90's were like and why even though the Bengals have improve throughout the 2000's, Mike Brown is still Mike Brown in a lot of ways. I could reminisce about story after story of how cheap this franchise is and only spent more money when the NFL put in a salary cap 'floor' and then basically designed the NFL for more parity (even though there really isn't much).

    Anyway, my point is that there is a whole generation of Bengals fans who have no idea what the older fans have been through and why we are so negative about the team/franchise.

  4. #963
    Member Spanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    885

    Re: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I saw a post on Twitter from a younger Bengals fan complaining about how he's tired of so many other Bengals fan complaining about the team/franchise. It made we realize that there's a whole generation of Bengals fans that never experienced the terror and apathy of the 1990's Bengals. I almost responded to this anonymous guy but I let it go. He simply has no idea what the 90's were like and why even though the Bengals have improve throughout the 2000's, Mike Brown is still Mike Brown in a lot of ways. I could reminisce about story after story of how cheap this franchise is and only spent more money when the NFL put in a salary cap 'floor' and then basically designed the NFL for more parity (even though there really isn't much).

    Anyway, my point is that there is a whole generation of Bengals fans who have no idea what the older fans have been through and why we are so negative about the team/franchise.
    That same generation has no idea what it's like to see their hometown Reds win a world series either. my generation has experienced nothing but disappointment with both of the major sports teams.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

  5. #964
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,007

    Re: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The roster currently standing is 6-7 wins with Dalton as our QB.

    Maybe you are happy with just getting to the playoffs and getting a participation trophy, but I’d like to see the Bengals win a playoff game once in my lifetime. Just getting to the playoffs isn’t enough.
    The roster currently surrounding Dalton sucks. The Walter Football Report posted here recently said so. Let's build up the roster 'cause no matter who the QB is will benefit. Dalton isn't solely responsible for the playoff failures. In the meantime, if you can find a better QB, by all means, do it

  6. #965
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    8,296

    Re: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

    Who cares what the Walter Report said. They were 4-1 before injuries started depleting them. Maybe depth wise they are not top tier but one of the worst rosters is not accurate. Bad coaching. Sure.

  7. #966
    Member Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,817

    Re: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Who cares what the Walter Report said. They were 4-1 before injuries started depleting them. Maybe depth wise they are not top tier but one of the worst rosters is not accurate. Bad coaching. Sure.
    I'd go even further. 5-3 in the first half, and then played 5 out of 8 in the second half with a backup QB.

    They weren't good, by any means, but probably an 8 win team with a healthy Dalton. I think they'd have had shots at beating Cleveland, the Broncos, maybe even the Chargers and Steelers given they were close games.

    It was a weird year. Their pythag was ruined by two games and then the backup QB starting 5 games.

    It's hard to understand calling a team like that one of the worst rosters in the NFL, but I could be seeing all of this with rose colored glasses.
    “When I use a word,” Trumpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Trumpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that’s all.”

  8. #967
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,503

    Re: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

    The measure of talent on a team is not how they played in September and October, but how they played in November and December.

    Whoo-hoo!!! We were OK in September and October!!! C'mon.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  9. #968
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    8,296

    Re: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The measure of talent on a team is not how they played in September and October, but how they played in November and December.

    Whoo-hoo!!! We were OK in September and October!!! C'mon.

    No one said they gave good depth. Just not one of the worst rosters in the NFL

  10. #969
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,503

    Re: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    No one said they gave good depth. Just not one of the worst rosters in the NFL
    That's always hard to say. Schemes and coaches can make good rosters bad and bad rosters good.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  11. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (05-05-2019)

  12. #970
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,503

    Re: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    No one said they gave good depth. Just not one of the worst rosters in the NFL
    For the record, I never said I agreed or disagreed with anything walterfootball or profootballfocus said. I flat out didn't pay any attention to the draft or the players drafted so I have no way to meaure their accuracy on the individual pics.

    I do like what KoryMac has been doing, so for now I have to go with his analysis of the overall draft for the Bengals, whatever that is. Curious to find out after he's had time to think about it.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  13. Likes:

    Tony Cloninger (05-03-2019)

  14. #971
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    8,296

    Re: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    That's always hard to say. Schemes and coaches can make good rosters bad and bad rosters good.
    Yes. And I think the last one ran it’s course after 2015-16.

    I hope this one gets more out of these picks and is not too attached to anyone.

  15. Likes:

    Kingspoint (05-03-2019),Revering4Blue (05-05-2019)

  16. #972
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    19,540

    2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

    Nm


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator