Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

Re: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Not a fan of this mock draft:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...pass-catchers/

And to top it off, Devin White falls to the Steelers.
    Idiots. They don't know the Bengals like we do. Why would Zac Taylor go for a smurf QB? His history is Ryan Tannehill and Jared Goff. Mike Brown's ideal QB is a pocket guy like Carson Palmer. They're not a fit for Murray.

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-10-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Idiots. They don't know the Bengals like we do. Why would Zac Taylor go for a smurf QB? His history is Ryan Tannehill and Jared Goff. Mike Brown's ideal QB is a pocket guy like Carson Palmer. They're not a fit for Murray.
    The Bengals seriously considered Lamar Jackson last year. I don't know why they wouldn't consider Murray. He's shorter, but everything else about him is much better than Jackson, except running, and that's really close. Not saying it's going to happen of course, but Taylor is thought to be a creative offensive mind. He should be able to adapt to different skill sets. He has a small sample of QBs that he's worked with. That doesn't mean that's what he's limited too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    The Bengals seriously considered Lamar Jackson last year. I don't know why they wouldn't consider Murray. He's shorter, but everything else about him is much better than Jackson, except running, and that's really close. Not saying it's going to happen of course, but Taylor is thought to be a creative offensive mind. He should be able to adapt to different skill sets. He has a small sample of QBs that he's worked with. That doesn't mean that's what he's limited too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The excitement Murray would generate here would be huge, if he has a great combine he might not even be on the board by our pick.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post

I don't think they ever seriously considered him. They did work him out but they passed on him when they got the chance. And Jackson is big compared to Murray

Winning is fun.

I don't see the Bengals taking Murray, but let's say they did. Could they get pick #15 from Washington for Dalton? I know at first glance people would say no, but he has a very attractive contract and Gruden may not have the luxury of waiting for a rookie QB to develop.

It's really hard to tell what Taylor wants, honestly.

One thing Marvin never got away from was believing the Bengals needed to be a power running team to compete in the AFC North, even though they rarely had the pieces for it in these last years.

I just want a coach who's willing to go with the strategy that best fits the personnel they have available. Really feel like that's the thing that separates New England, and it's also the thing nobody really copies.
    “When I use a word,” Trumpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Trumpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that’s all.”

9. Likes:

Hoosier Red (02-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    The excitement Murray would generate here would be huge, if he has a great combine he might not even be on the board by our pick.
    I just don't see how Murray translate well into the NFL. I would absolutely hate this pick with so many quality defensive players on the board and a decent QB to boot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    It's really hard to tell what Taylor wants, honestly.

One thing Marvin never got away from was believing the Bengals needed to be a power running team to compete in the AFC North, even though they rarely had the pieces for it in these last years.

I just want a coach who's willing to go with the strategy that best fits the personnel they have available. Really feel like that's the thing that separates New England, and it's also the thing nobody really copies.
    NE almost always picks "BPA." That's pretty much their draft strategy and if the player they really love isn't there, they'll trade down for more future picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I just don't see how Murray translate well into the NFL. I would absolutely hate this pick with so many quality defensive players on the board and a decent QB to boot.
    I don't think the Bengals should necessarily take a QB. Dalton was fine last year while the offense was healthy. But outside of height, what else about Murray do you think doesn't translate to the NFL? He has a strong arm and can make every throw. He's very accurate and obviously very athletic as well, so he would probably be the best off-script QB in the NFL behind maybe Mahomes. Height is definitely a concern, but any team willing to take him in the first round is going to have a plan that accounts for that and not going to treat him like a straight drop back passer. It'll be interesting to see how tall he measures, but Russell Wilson is 5'10", and he's been great.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I don't see the Bengals taking Murray, but let's say they did. Could they get pick #15 from Washington for Dalton? I know at first glance people would say no, but he has a very attractive contract and Gruden may not have the luxury of waiting for a rookie QB to develop.
    No way the Bengals get a 1st for Dalton. I would say the benchmark for a Dalton trade would be the Alex Smith deal last year, which was a 3rd round pick and a good slot CB. I think the best case for Dalton would be a 2nd round pick, more likely a 3rd plus another piece/pick.

13. Likes:

Boss-Hog (02-11-2019)

I have to think Taylor will keep Dalton as it sounds like he is a West Coast Offense guy and Dalton is a good fit for that...if White is there I would say you have to take him.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I have to think Taylor will keep Dalton as it sounds like he is a West Coast Offense guy and Dalton is a good fit for that...if White is there I would say you have to take him.
    Taylor has no say in player personnel. That control would never, ever be given to someone with so little experience, with no time or investment whatsoever in the organization, with no proven judgement to be better than Duke Tobin, and especially no time proven with Mike Brown that he can make long-term franchise decisions. He has to first prove that he can make good personnel "recommendations" about his Coaches and that will take at a minimum of one year, in addition to proving he's capable of making good Head Coaching decisions with the players he's got. But, no Coach is going to come in here with his resume and have an influence on organizational philosophy with the added ability to influence who gets added to the team via the draft, trades and Free Agency. Never ever gonna happen.

At the very most, Taylor can discuss with Tobin and Mike Brown his desires to run a style of Offense and/or Defense. Having never worked with any of their players, he can't state an opinion on whether he believes any of the players present can execute these styles until he works with them through a full off-season and a full regular season. If he feels some can't next January when they can make a real evaluation and Tobin and Brown can evaluate Taylor and his Coaches' ability to teach, motivate and execute their jobs, then Taylor can "suggest" some changes that Tobin and Mike Brown will consider.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 02-11-2019 at 04:07 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Bengals zero in on Grantham who is currently with the Gators according to Will Sammon.
    Last edited by KoryMac5; 02-11-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Another hire, but it doesn't say what his job is yet:

Moeller football coach Doug Rosfeld accepts a position with the Bengals

Rosfeld and Taylor worked together at the University of Cincinnati in 2016 when Taylor was the offensive coordinator and Rosfeld was the director of player development.

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/high-sch...th-the-bengals

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Another hire, but it doesn't say what his job is yet:
    I saw on Katherine Terrell's twitter, he's the Director of Coaching Operations.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I saw on Katherine Terrell's twitter, he's the Director of Coaching Operations.
    What the heck is that?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?