Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

Re: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    My realistic choice for a new HC is Kris Richard. Followed him for a long time and I love his potential.
    I actually want Fangio with Richard as defensive coordinator.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-05-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I actually want Fangio with Richard as defensive coordinator.
    I wanted to marry Elizabeth Montgomery when I was young, too.

You can buy your playoff tickets now if we pulled off that quinella.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

5. Likes:

mikemo14 (01-05-2019),WVRed (01-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Well at least Pagano has won play off games.
    If he comes with a top 3 QB then I'm all for it!
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

We're Together Again... Bob Sheed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    That's right, and the Bengals have had some pretty good rosters over the last 10-15 years, but no playoff wins...hmmmmmm
    28 years, actually.

Matt Eberflus looked real good tonight to me...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    28 years, actually.
    I'm sorry man! No fanbase deserves that!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Matt Eberflus looked real good tonight to me...
    Noooo... he needs to stay!
    I'm out...like a fat kid in dodgeball

I think the search gets wrapped up here by Monday or so as far as knowing who they want...I am leaning towards Bienemy being the choice. Number one he helped run one of the best offenses in the league and secondly he can get something out of Ross.
    I keep seeing this but I fail to see how anyone makes John Ross any better except John Ross. Is a body catcher which is bad enough but the problem is he doesn't seem to be into the game... doesn't have his head in the game, fails to run his routes. He's a capable weapon if he wants to be but I just don't believe in his work ethic, seems like a logical leap to me.

Bienemy though is intriguing if for no other reason than he would likely base his offense/team on running the ball, finally, hopefully.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

11. Likes:

RiverRat13 (01-06-2019)

Joe Mixon would be the best running back in the league if Eric Bienemey becomes the head coach. So there’s that.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I keep seeing this but I fail to see how anyone makes John Ross any better except John Ross. Is a body catcher which is bad enough but the problem is he doesn't seem to be into the game... doesn't have his head in the game, fails to run his routes. He's a capable weapon if he wants to be but I just don't believe in his work ethic, seems like a logical leap to me.

Bienemy though is intriguing if for no other reason than he would likely base his offense/team on running the ball, finally, hopefully.
    It was for sure a huge issue for him while at Washington his negative body language when things were not going right for him on the field. I also don't think Lazor did a good job of scheming plays to him either so probably a combination of a limited player and poor fit in Lazors offense.

We're Together Again... Bob Sheed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Joe Mixon would be the best running back in the league if Eric Bienemey becomes the head coach. So there’s that.
    He already was last season, I think...

15. Likes:

Benihana (01-06-2019)

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

A man walks up to the ticket window at Heinz Field. May I help you? asks the clerk. I'd like to buy steelers tickets please. The clerk paused for a second and said I'm sorry sir but the steelers didn't make the playoffs this year. The man leaves. The next day, the man again asks the clerk at Hines Field to buy steelers tickets. The clerk again responds, I'm sorry sir but the steelers didn't make the playoffs this year. For two more days, the same man makes the same request and each day the response is the same, the steelers didn't make the playoffs this year. On the fifth day the clerk sees the same man approach his window but this time before the request can be made, in a much louder voice the clerk tells the man... I've told you now for the fifth time, THE STEELERS DID NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR! The man, startled, says, yes I know but it's worth the drive from Cincinnati each day just to hear you say it!

18. Likes:

Bob Sheed (01-06-2019),dubc47834 (01-06-2019),Kingspoint (01-06-2019),Mario-Rijo (01-07-2019),RedsBaron (01-06-2019),Redsfaithful (01-06-2019),Roy Tucker (01-07-2019),Slyder (01-07-2019),texasdave (01-06-2019),WrongVerb (01-06-2019)

Dehner reports he expects Eberflus and Richard to interview this coming week as they could not interview this past week as NFL rules do not permit it...

He reports Bengals are casting a wide net and he expects the search to take weeks.

20. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-06-2019),Mario-Rijo (01-07-2019)

Dehner reports he expects Eberflus and Richard to interview this coming week as they could not interview this past week as NFL rules do not permit it...

He reports Bengals are casting a wide net and he expects the search to take weeks.
    That's very good news.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Can Eberflus interview this week? I thought if a team was still playing, they couldn't be interviewed!
    I'm out...like a fat kid in dodgeball

Turn Off Ads?