Turn Off Ads?
Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

Re: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Why do we have to settle for 6 or 7 wins with Dalton? He took us to the playoffs 5 straight yrs. I agree his weakness is against top competition as you'll generally see in the post season but he can consistently get you to the playoffs
    The roster currently standing is 6-7 wins with Dalton as our QB.

Maybe you are happy with just getting to the playoffs and getting a participation trophy, but Iíd like to see the Bengals win a playoff game once in my lifetime. Just getting to the playoffs isnít enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Why do we have to settle for 6 or 7 wins with Dalton? He took us to the playoffs 5 straight yrs. I agree his weakness is against top competition as you'll generally see in the post season but he can consistently get you to the playoffs

- - - Updated - - -

I'd feel better about Haskins if he'd stayed another yr. This just makes him more of a crapshoot
    I can see both sides with Haskins and will be fine with whatever the Bengals do if he's available at 11. Taking him is a bit of a risk, but it's also probably their best shot at getting a franchise QB unless this season really goes down the tubes, which would probably require Dalton to get injured early in the season. If they maintain a semblance of health, they'll be a middle of the pack team with that easy schedule. He's definitely not such a slam dunk that the Bengals would be crazy to pass on him though, and there are going to be some great options available at 11.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd feel better about Haskins if he'd stayed another yr. This just makes him more of a crapshoot
    Isnt that the key issue, he cant win in the playoffs. We want more than that, you will not get that with Dalton, therefore time for a change.

If Haskins stayed another season and put up similar numbers to what he did this year he'd be a top 5 pick
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Washington might be looking to move up and select a QB. If they decided to do that should the Bengals move back and pick up a 3rd rounder (pick #76)?
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Washington might be looking to move up and select a QB. If they decided to do that should the Bengals move back and pick up a 3rd rounder (pick #76)?
    If both of the LBs are gone then I wouldn't mind them moving back a few spots, this draft is pretty deep
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

8. Likes:

plantmanky (04-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    If they don't want a QB then I think they should. There will either be a LB or OT available at 15, and they really need both positions, so there would probably be good value in doing that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put me on record as draft for the trenches and secondary. We arent getting Kyler Murray and Im not convinced any of these other QBs are long term franchise guys.

A lot of you are OSU guys so you know more about Haskins than me, but you may also be more biased. I do not think he's a franchise QB, and Id rather see us shore up areas of dire need.

THAT will help us now AND in the future. Doesnt matter if its Andy or anyone else in the pocket if they have no protection. We watched the Browns make this mistake for 20 yrs. Surely we arent as short sighted as they were.

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Not sure if anyone pointed this out already, but Lapham is predicting either Jonah Williams or Andre Dillard for the Bengals at #11. He officially called it for Dillard only because he thinks Williams will already be gone by their pick.

It will be interesting to see whether he's still got the magic now that there is a new coaching staff in place. If he does, it means he's getting his info from the Browns or Tobin most likely.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

13. Likes:

Redsfaithful (04-25-2019)

I really wish he Dave would just keep it to himself.

Player comp: Eugene Monroe

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/andre-...2-fd2a79031894

Only projects to be an instant starter. Sounds like a Bengals pick.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Dillard would be an awful pick. Cedric Oooogeyboogey redux.
    I'm just going to go find a cash machine.

Quote Originally Posted by UKWhoDey View Post
    Put me on record as draft for the trenches and secondary. We arent getting Kyler Murray and Im not convinced any of these other QBs are long term franchise guys.

A lot of you are OSU guys so you know more about Haskins than me, but you may also be more biased. I do not think he's a franchise QB, and Id rather see us shore up areas of dire need.

THAT will help us now AND in the future. Doesnt matter if its Andy or anyone else in the pocket if they have no protection. We watched the Browns make this mistake for 20 yrs. Surely we arent as short sighted as they were.
    Secondary isn't a place of dire need. Actually, I think its one of the places with the fewest holes. I think they are ok with Denard, Kilpatrick, WJ3, Bates, and Williams.

The two biggest positions of need are LB and OL in that order. I think they are hoping one of the Devin's falls to them, which it won't happen, and if not, they will take the BPA. I am pretty much resigned to the fact that it will probably be the OT out of WSU. It will be a smart move, a guy who it sounds like they can plug in and play from day one. But I want the club to go in a slightly different direction.

Dalton is what he is, he is a starting NFL QB with certain limitations. He is good enough to win, but he isn't good enough to carry his team. I think, and I don't think it will happen tonight, but if Haskins is there at 11 you have to take him. Also in regards to Daniel Jones, if you are high on him, think he can be a franchise QB, then you have to take him. The Bengals are in a situation where they won't be drafting in the top 5 next season because the roster isn't all that bad. If a QB they are high on falls to then at 11, they may be better off taking him now, than waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Dillard would be an awful pick. Cedric Oooogeyboogey redux.
    Ogbuehi was mocked in the lower rounds that year. Dillard is mocked by everyone in the top 15 picks this year. I wouldn't mind that pick at all. And I thought the Ogbuehi pick was terrible.
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

Turn Off Ads?