Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 nfl playoffs

Re: 2019 nfl playoffs

I liked the Cowboys in the 70s, primarily because of Staubach. They weren't my favorite team, as I was a Raiders fan [and a Bengals fan unless they played the Raiders], but I rooted for Dallas in the NFC and in the Super Bowls, especially against the Steelers.
    I've generally rooted against Dallas ever since Jerry Jones bought the team. I still root for them when they play the Steelers however.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-06-2019),Kingspoint (01-06-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

RIP, Bears fans. What a brutal way to go out.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

5. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-06-2019),Kingspoint (01-06-2019),Revering4Blue (01-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    The legend of Nick Foles moves on.

I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if they beat the Saints.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

7. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-06-2019),goreds2 (01-07-2019)

I'm glad the Cowboys get the Rams instead of the Aints. Probably weren't going to beat them twice.

I honestly am fighting the urge to go all Rick Rude on a bunch of them on Facebook. The dude goes 3 for 3 because your offense can't do anything for 3 quarters, your 141 million dollar man vanishes in a big game... AGAIN, and you're going to single him out? That's crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

10. Likes:

Chip R (01-07-2019),goreds2 (01-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The legend of Nick Foles moves on.

I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if they beat the Saints.
    I would but if they do, I'll give kudos to you that I heard it here first...

Parkey’s “miss” has been officially been changed from a missed fied goal to a blocked kick.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Parkey’s “miss” has been officially been changed from a missed field goal to a blocked kick.
    I didn't know there was a difference. I figure if a guy has 20 FG ATTs, makes 15, then he has 5 misses.

You don't think there's a difference between missing a FG and having one blocked?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    You don't think there's a difference between missing a FG and having one blocked?
    No, I don't. It's still a miss. Are blocked FGs not considered attempts? Honest question

Blocked kicks count as a miss. It's just a record keeping notation.

17. Likes:

Sea Ray (01-07-2019)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I'd argue Flacco was better than Lamar this year. Kind of a baller in the playoffs, too. I'm curious to see if the Broncos pursue him or Foles. They can afford to spend a lot more than Miami or Jax.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    I'd argue Flacco was better than Lamar this year. Kind of a baller in the playoffs, too. I'm curious to see if the Broncos pursue him or Foles. They can afford to spend a lot more than Miami or Jax.
    Here's a good question: Is Foles worth more in free agency than Kirk Cousins? I would opine "yes".

Just goes to show that record counts for nothing once you get into the play-offs. Throw it out IMO. How many SB winers have come up through the ranks of the Wild Card? Which is why I'm thankful the Ravens got eliminated (LOL).

The Eagles knocked off the Bears. One down. If the Eagles can win vs a pretty stout Bear's defense, then anything is possible vs the Saints (even at N.O.). The Eagles don't have much of a running game, and the Saints have a tough run D, so the pressure is going to be on Foles (again).

I personally think the 13-3 Rams could be the next to go down IF ... Dallas is able to keep the tempo slow and run the ball behind Eliot. The Rams allowed a league-worst average of 5.07 yards per rush this season.

I think it's an uphill battle for the Chargers to beat the Pats. They have to be able to put pressure on Brady. The Pats are rested, coming off a bye, and playing in Foxboro.

If the Colts are able to run the ball behind Mack like they did vs the third best run D (Houston), and KC's run D is't good, then the Colts can win this game. A battle between the #1 and #2 QBs throwing TDs. Interesting stat... the Cots have allowed a league low 18 sacks, while KC 's defense led the league in sacks (52). Something has to give.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Just goes to show that record counts for nothing once you get into the play-offs. Throw it out IMO. How many SB winers have come up through the ranks of the Wild Card? Which is why I'm thankful the Ravens got eliminated (LOL).

The Eagles knocked off the Bears. One down. If the Eagles can win vs a pretty stout Bear's defense, then anything is possible vs the Saints (even at N.O.). The Eagles don't have much of a running game, and the Saints have a tough run D, so the pressure is going to be on Foles (again).

I personally think the 13-3 Rams could be the next to go down IF ... Dallas is able to keep the tempo slow and run the ball behind Eliot. The Rams allowed a league-worst average of 5.07 yards per rush this season.

I think it's an uphill battle for the Chargers to beat the Pats. They have to be able to put pressure on Brady. The Pats are rested, coming off a bye, and playing in Foxboro.

If the Colts are able to run the ball behind Mack like they did vs the third best run D (Houston), and KC's run D is't good, then the Colts can win this game. A battle between the #1 and #2 QBs throwing TDs. Interesting stat... the Cots have allowed a league low 18 sacks, while KC 's defense led the league in sacks (52). Something has to give.
    We'll see. My tea leaves point to the Saints and Rams advancing fairly easily

Turn Off Ads?