Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46

Thread: 2019 nfl playoffs

  1. #31
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    12,001

    Re: 2019 nfl playoffs

    Yesterday is why I am not high on Lamar at all. He couldn't throw the ball to save the Ravens season. They weren't exactly playing the best defense in the league either. Now don't get me wrong, Lamar can improve his passing game, but you saw a glimpse of what happens when team sees a "gimmick" QB for the second time.

  2. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (01-07-2019)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #32
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    19,541

    Re: 2019 nfl playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Yesterday is why I am not high on Lamar at all. He couldn't throw the ball to save the Ravens season. They weren't exactly playing the best defense in the league either. Now don't get me wrong, Lamar can improve his passing game, but you saw a glimpse of what happens when team sees a "gimmick" QB for the second time.
    The big question is "can Lamar stay healthy"? Very few of these mobile 5 ft QBs can. His teammate RG3 couldn't

  5. Likes:

    Chip R (01-08-2019),CTA513 (01-07-2019)

  6. #33
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: 2019 nfl playoffs

    The bigger question is "Who here saw Josh Allen outperforming Lamar Jackson in the running game?"
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

  7. #34
    Member GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    27,590

    Re: 2019 nfl playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    We'll see. My tea leaves point to the Saints and Rams advancing fairly easily
    The Saints, at home, destroyed the Eagles back in week 10. Wetz was QBing. Have to see how Foles will do; but I don't think he'll come out on top vs Brees at home.

    Two of the Ram's three losses are to teams currently still in the NFC post-season. And if they advance past Dallas they'll be facing one of them (Eagles or Saints).
    Last edited by GAC; 01-08-2019 at 10:46 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

  8. #35
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    12,001

    Re: 2019 nfl playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The big question is "can Lamar stay healthy"? Very few of these mobile 5 ft QBs can. His teammate RG3 couldn't
    RG3 was one heck of a player in his rookie season. He was a passer that Jackson could only dream of now. If Jackson can't throw the ball, he won't stay healthy. He won't be able to sustain an entire season of running the read option. In watching him a handful of times this season, I am surprised how raw he is in passing. As good of a runner and as elusive of a runner as Jackson is, he won't be successful until he becomes an average passer at the worst.

    Looking at Vick's career stats, he was a 56% career passer. In his better seasons he was closer to 60%. I think Jackson needs to be around 60% for 350+ attempts a year to be successful.

  9. Likes:

    Chip R (01-09-2019),Revering4Blue (01-08-2019)

  10. #36
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    39,623

    Re: 2019 nfl playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    RG3 was one heck of a player in his rookie season. He was a passer that Jackson could only dream of now. If Jackson can't throw the ball, he won't stay healthy. He won't be able to sustain an entire season of running the read option. In watching him a handful of times this season, I am surprised how raw he is in passing. As good of a runner and as elusive of a runner as Jackson is, he won't be successful until he becomes an average passer at the worst.

    Looking at Vick's career stats, he was a 56% career passer. In his better seasons he was closer to 60%. I think Jackson needs to be around 60% for 350+ attempts a year to be successful.
    Jackson is going to get the crap beat out of him if he keeps running like he did this year. BAL is going to have to get a solid backup for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

  11. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,304

    Re: 2019 nfl playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    The Saints, at home, destroyed the Eagles back in week 10. Wetz was QBing. Have to see how Foles will do; but I don't think he'll come out on top vs Brees at home.

    Two of the Ram's three losses are to teams currently still in the NFC post-season. And if they advance past Dallas they'll be facing one of them (Eagles or Saints).
    I put money down on the Cowboys at +7. I'm debating on putting money on them to win outright. I also put money down on SD at +4. I haven't put money down on Colts yet, but I think they can win outright.

  12. #38
    Pineapple Pizza WrongVerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    13,405

    Re: 2019 nfl playoffs

    Chiefs and Rams take care of business today.
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

  13. #39
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,786

    Re: 2019 nfl playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I put money down on the Cowboys at +7. I'm debating on putting money on them to win outright. I also put money down on SD at +4. I haven't put money down on Colts yet, but I think they can win outright.
    Stick to your "Dustin Hoffman in Star Wars" bets.

  14. Likes:

    Boss-Hog (01-13-2019),Chip R (01-13-2019),GAC (01-13-2019)

  15. #40
    Member GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    27,590

    Re: 2019 nfl playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I put money down on the Cowboys at +7. I'm debating on putting money on them to win outright. I also put money down on SD at +4. I haven't put money down on Colts yet, but I think they can win outright.
    Is your pocket a little lighter this morning? LOL

    I can't believe the Rams ran all over the Cowboy's run defense like they did. 273 yards! Geez! But then, I'm no Cowboy fan (LOL). Luck had no luck yesterday. That weather system that came through here (mid-west) didn't help the passing game for either team. I think the AFC is going to come down to KC-NE. They played earlier in the season in a tight game (43-40 NE). The last time they faced off in the post-season (2014), another good game (27-20 NE). But those games were at Foxboro. The last time the Pats played at Arrow Head (2014) it wasn't pretty for the Pats (41-14 KC).

    I'd love for Rivers to get into a SB before his career ends. Just don't see it happening in Foxboro. But overall I think KC has the inside edge in the AFC.

    I think the Saints/Brees ramp it up today vs the Eagles. Rams-Saints in the NFC title game. Not sure who I'm picking as the winner (LOL).
    Last edited by GAC; 01-13-2019 at 03:26 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

  16. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (01-13-2019)

  17. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,305

    Re: 2019 nfl playoffs

    Now that the Boys are out of the playoffs... I hope someone goes Captain Insano on those POS Talib and Peters. Maybe Suh could mistake them for Aaron Rodgers and step on their legs.
    Last edited by Slyder; 01-13-2019 at 10:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

    William Arthur Ward


  18. #42
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,181

    Re: 2019 nfl playoffs

    I, too, am one that would like to see Rivers at least get to a SB.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  19. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (01-13-2019)

  20. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    3,680

    Re: 2019 nfl playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I, too, am one that would like to see Rivers at least get to a SB.
    Apparently he will have to buy a ticket.

  21. #44
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,181

    Re: 2019 nfl playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Apparently he will have to buy a ticket.
    I doubt it, if he wants to go I am sure the organization will see to his needs.

    But this is ugly.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  22. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,304

    Re: 2019 nfl playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Is your pocket a little lighter this morning? LOL

    I can't believe the Rams ran all over the Cowboy's run defense like they did. 273 yards! Geez! But then, I'm no Cowboy fan (LOL). Luck had no luck yesterday. That weather system that came through here (mid-west) didn't help the passing game for either team. I think the AFC is going to come down to KC-NE. They played earlier in the season in a tight game (43-40 NE). The last time they faced off in the post-season (2014), another good game (27-20 NE). But those games were at Foxboro. The last time the Pats played at Arrow Head (2014) it wasn't pretty for the Pats (41-14 KC).

    I'd love for Rivers to get into a SB before his career ends. Just don't see it happening in Foxboro. But overall I think KC has the inside edge in the AFC.

    I think the Saints/Brees ramp it up today vs the Eagles. Rams-Saints in the NFC title game. Not sure who I'm picking as the winner (LOL).
    Lol...It makes up from last week. I made a lot after betting against the Ravens and Lamar Jackson prop bets. It’s been a while since I’ve had this bad of a weekend.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator