Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

Re: 2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

Talk about giving a game away (lol). Like Straham said at halftime ... you let Russell Wilson hang around and he wins close games. IMO, plenty of blame to go around in this one; but this game is primarily on Kitchen's shoulders.

You had a really crucial point in this game where, IMO, Kitchens made bad decisions. And yes, IMO, it could have been a difference maker in this game ...

You're up 20-12, and you've moved the ball down to the Seattle 10 yard line ready for a potential score. You're under two minutes till the half (1:36), first and goal. Why are you passing the football? A few objectives are to be achieved here other then, yes, scoring. Manage the game clock and work it down so that Russel has little, or no, time to work his magic. And you do that by running the football! Chubbs had a solid half (one rushing TD already - so did Baker). Keep the ball on the friggin' ground. You're looking at going in at halftime up 27-12 or 23-12 at the worst. Bad decision making here by Kitchens IMO. And he's done this more then once when down inside an opponent's 10 yd line, and in situations where clock management is vital.

Then there came the 4th quarter. A bad punt by Seattle puts the Browns in great field position. And once again it's all Chubbs as the Browns score and go up 28-25. All I can say to Hilliard is - catch the friggin' ball (LOL).

I thought Mayfield, overall, had a far better day yesterday. He was more poised and confident. Yeah, he made a few bad passes (decisions) with the ball, but also was putting the ball there too. Only one of those 3 INTs was clean IMO. That's six now that I count, over the last three weeks, where balls either deflected off of a receivers hands, or the receiver ran a wrong route (Beckham did yesterday), that resulted in INTs.

You have to find a way to stop this hemorrhaging (turnovers). Yeah, it certainly is on Mayfield. But his receivers aren't helping him any in this department.

Hats off to Russell Wilson. He's having one heck of a year. He doesn't have the strongest arm in the league, but he's smart and plays (maximizes) his "limitations".

[I just don't like Pete Carroll] LOL
    Last edited by GAC; 10-14-2019 at 05:10 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Likes:

North (10-16-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

"Hearing Trent Williams should be on Browns roster quite soon."
    https://twitter.com/sdoerschukREP/st...12898098372610

Williams is a Pro Bowl left tackle holding out from the Redskins. He could be a big boost to the offense IF it's true.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

Take away that head-shaking 1Q and the Browns win 13-10 (LOL).

I'm laying there watching that 1Q and laughing. That's all one can do really. 3 consecutive plays, 3 consecutive give aways. When's the last time anyone's seen that? I don't blame Chubb so much for the second fumble (on a great run). He had the ball tucked good IMO. They showed that play in slo-mo, with Jones coming down hard with the arm from behind, and most RBs wouldn't know what hit them since they can't see it coming. Still very much impressed with Chubbs though - 20 caries/131 yards (6.5 yds/carry).

The INT by Boyle was something else. I give him credit. From what I saw he made immediate penetration which caused Landry to pull up on his crossing route. Baker turned and "shoveled" the ball to where Jarvis was to be. Boyle said thank you (LOL). I loved the look on Kitchen's face when that happened (LOL).

Once again self-inflicted wounds hurt us bad. But other then some really stupid penalties, at crucial times too, I think they regrouped, didn't fold, and played better. But I'm tired of the stupid illegal hands to the face penalties. Three times the Browns had the Pats stopped in the second half, and all three times they drew a penalty to give the Pats an automatic 1st down. They also had three 1st downs nullified by penalties. You got to clean this up. And yes, there were a few of those penalties I questioned. But you're in Foxboro.

But you go look at team stats for this game, and and there's no huge disparity there overall, other then in that all-important column called Turnovers. Where the Browns had three in the span of approximately three minutes of the 1Q that led to a 17-0 score.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Is Baker Mayfield bad? It seems like he might actually be bad.

6 TD / 12 INT is bust level bad
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post

The jury might still be out on Baker but I feel pretty safe in saying Freddie Kitchens is bad.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    The jury might still be out on Baker but I feel pretty safe in saying Freddie Kitchens is bad.
    Careful. I said that a long time ago and caught hell for it

9. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-28-2019)

Maybe the Browns and Bears can work out a trade? Mitch for Baker straight up?
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Maybe the Browns and Bears can work out a trade? Mitch for Baker straight up?
    Why would the Browns do that?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post

Too early to tell. Sophomore slumps for QBs in the NFL is a very real thing. If this happens again next year, yeah hes bad. He has time to recover, though.

Kitchens pretty clearly sucks, though.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Too early to tell. Sophomore slumps for QBs in the NFL is a very real thing. If this happens again next year, yeah he’s bad. He has time to recover, though.

Kitchens' performance is not a surprise...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The Browns obsession with Kitchens is strange. Why choose him over McCarthy?

It's also interesting that this NFL head coaching search has more turned into men interviewing employers rather than the other way around. That's the opposite of how it usually goes

As a Bengal fan, I'm pleased with this hire...although I have little confidence my front office will do any better
    The talent he has to work with is definitely better but that says nothing about the head coach. Hue had a lot more experience up and down the NFL ladder than Kitchens. This guy is a wild card. If the GM wants to mentor him, so be it, but that's rarely a thing in the NFL.
    Some were ecstatic at his hire

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

I'm not going to apologize for being ecstatic.
    I've gotten hammered everytime I've brought this up. but not to worry...I've got a thick skin.

Apparently it wasn't right to bring this up in January and it wasn't right to bring it up after game 4 this yr but now it's OK

Kitchens' performance is not a surprise...

Some were ecstatic at his hire

I've gotten hammered everytime I've brought this up. but not to worry...I've got a thick skin.

Apparently it wasn't right to bring this up in January and it wasn't right to bring it up after game 4 this yr but now it's OK
    Constantly bringing up something you feel you were hammered on and pointing out you were right is the sign of having a thick skin? Lol

The Browns are a good team, but not nearly good enough to overcome the mistakes they’ve made and to seemingly be on the wrong side of every iffy flag.

Kitchens is pretty bad, particularly at game management, but at least play calling and scheme have showed some signs of life since the 49ers game.

The AFC in general isn’t very good and the Browns last 9 games are soft. If they can pull it together now and make a 7-2 run they have a shot at the last wild card still.

Constantly bringing up something you feel you were hammered on and pointing out you were right is the sign of having a thick skin? Lol
    I want to make one thing clear: I'm not coming here saying "I'm right". Quite frankly this Kitchens thing has unraveled much more quickly than I thought it would. I didn't think fans like you would be throwing in the towel on him saying he sucks less than halfway through his first yr. I figured it'd take a couple yrs like it did for fans to turn on Hue.

I do stand by one thing I said: As a Bengals fan I'm very pleased with the hire

I want to make one thing clear: I'm not coming here saying "I'm right". Quite frankly this Kitchens thing has unraveled much more quickly than I thought it would. I didn't think fans like you would be throwing in the towel on him saying he sucks less than halfway through his first yr. I figured it'd take a couple yrs like it did for fans to turn on Hue.

I do stand by one thing I said: As a Bengals fan I'm very pleased with the hire
    Not a browns fan

Too early to tell. Sophomore slumps for QBs in the NFL is a very real thing. If this happens again next year, yeah he’s bad. He has time to recover, though.

It's odd, having been through the Andy Dalton debate over having an average QB for 8 years, it's tough to calibrate sometimes looking at other guys, but Dalton has been so bad this year and he's at 9 TD / 8 INT. His sophomore year he was 27/16. And I think most Bengals fans sort of think of Dalton as having not been worth it at this point, given he's going to leave without having won a playoff game.

And all of that said, I don't think he's ever had a season where he started as poorly as Baker this year. I'm not sure he's ever even had a 7 game stretch this bad.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Turn Off Ads?