Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MLS 2019 - The Crew is Saved and Hell is Real

Re: MLS 2019 - The Crew is Saved and Hell is Real

In their second game in MLS vs. the defending champions in front of 70,000 PLUS - FC Cincinnati earns a point in a tie. I will take this EVERY time.

... and Kenny Saief is a BEAST.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    In their second game in MLS vs. the defending champions in front of 70,000 PLUS - FC Cincinnati earns a point in a tie. I will take this EVERY time.

That's a great franchise moment.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

On this end, De Boer doesn't have any For Sale signs in his yard. Yet.

I had the game on for a while, but got quite bored with all of the time the United defensive guys spent kicking it around the back end in front of Brad Guzan. Maybe De Boer missed the memo and accompanying mountain of video - the team throttled other clubs last year playing an attacking style. Not Nolan Richardson and the Arkansas Razorbacks 40 Minutes of Hell, but far more aggressive than what looks like the equivalent of Jim Tressel ball to this uninformed viewer.

(I flipped over to watch the Legends (now 2-3!) beat Memphis instead. Replacing Matt Simms with Aaron Murray as QB seemed like a pretty obvious improvement to pretty much everyone around here except the coaching staff. Hate that it took Simms getting injured to make it happen, but better late than never.)

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post

Whole different team when he came on. And that pass to set up the goal was absolute class. Helluva result.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

6. Likes:

Yachtzee (03-10-2019)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Saief & Garza changed the match for FCC.

Next weekend is going to be INSANE.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

8. Likes:

membengal (03-11-2019)

POR @ CIN today!

Timbers got smoked last week...have given up 7 goals in two games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    POR @ CIN today!

Timbers got smoked last week...have given up 7 goals in two games.
    Tomorrow...enjoy the green beer.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

How the heck did Portland win?

Crew had only given up 5 goals in 7 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    How the heck did Portland win?

Crew had only given up 5 goals in 7 games.
    I think they started the season well on that whole "Save the Crew" high, but I think we're now starting to see effects of the team being run with the FO on autopilot during the past year. They've lost both their starting fullbacks and they don't have a lot of depth there or elsewhere in the field. I would attribute some of their low goals against to Zack Steffen making great saves. The Crew are going to be in real trouble when he leaves in the summer transfer window.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-23-2019)

The big MLS news stories as of late:

MLS expanding to 30 teams.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...xpand-30-teams

Honestly, I think most people saw this coming. It's tough to give up that sweet nectar of expansion fees when there are people willing to buy in.

The more surprising development: MLS to seek training compensation and solidarity payments.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...arity-payments

Basically, it allows clubs who develop players to request compensation when that player signs an overseas contract or gets transferred overseas. Originally, MLS was against this, as youth clubs were making those requests on MLS players being transfered. I think they've changed their tune now that things have gotten to the point where foreign clubs are starting to sign players out of MLS youth academies and MLS clubs receive no compensation that clubs in other countries receive.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    The big MLS news stories as of late:

MLS expanding to 30 teams.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...xpand-30-teams

Honestly, I think most people saw this coming. It's tough to give up that sweet nectar of expansion fees when there are people willing to buy in.

The more surprising development: MLS to seek training compensation and solidarity payments.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...arity-payments

Basically, it allows clubs who develop players to request compensation when that player signs an overseas contract or gets transferred overseas. Originally, MLS was against this, as youth clubs were making those requests on MLS players being transfered. I think they've changed their tune now that things have gotten to the point where foreign clubs are starting to sign players out of MLS youth academies and MLS clubs receive no compensation that clubs in other countries receive.
    will there be an expansion draft?

Turn Off Ads?