Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MLS 2019 - The Crew is Saved and Hell is Real

Re: MLS 2019 - The Crew is Saved and Hell is Real

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    OK. I forgot how soccer lists home and away backwards with the home team on top.

Makes sense as they don't make structures out of wood anymore where it's best to do them in the heat of Summer is best for the settling of the wood. They will keep working through the Spring and hopefully be done by their first scheduled home game on June 1st. Should be for a fun playoff chase, at least. Good momentum if they can reach the playoffs.

- - - Updated - - -

The beer will be flowing in Cincinnati.
    They should make them play home games at Wembley until Providence Park is done.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Likes:

dabvu2498 (01-10-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

5 year contract for Josef Martinez to stay in ATL thru 2023.

Solid.

5. Likes:

Yachtzee (01-18-2019)

Nashville SC has a name, a crest and colors.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/major-lea...ng-mls-in-2020

The crest is underwhelming, and as far as owning "Gold" as a color, I hate to break it to you Nashville, but the Columbus Crew has had all gold kits since 2000 (barring one season whose kits are best forgotten).
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

A little preseason Hell is Real tonight at the Charleston Challenge Cup. Columbus Crew looked solid in the first meeting with FCC. FCC has a lot of work to do.

MLS is back!

9. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (03-11-2019),Kingspoint (03-02-2019),Revering4Blue (03-03-2019),Yachtzee (03-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    MLS is back!
    Yes! Yes it is. I feel like this season is so much more exciting, at least from an Ohio perspective, than last year. At this time last year, things were looking pretty dire for the Crew's chances of staying in Ohio and MLS was still stringing FC Cincinnati along on the expansion front, having announced surprise candidate Nashville SC as one of two planned expansion franchises and deferred the announcement of the second. There was a very real possibility that 2019 would find no MLS teams in Ohio. Instead we have a rejuvenated Crew organization under new ownership and a feisty FC Cincinnati club playing their inaugural season.

I'm sure FC Cincinnati fans have to be excited for that first home game at Nippert on St. Patrick's Day, up against' Kingspoint's Timbers.

Here are some season previews breaking down the teams:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...season-preview

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/2019...z1x8mkn4d0v14g

https://sbisoccer.com/2019/03/the-20...season-preview

11. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (03-02-2019),Redsfaithful (03-02-2019),Revering4Blue (03-03-2019)

Watching a Crew game on cable in Cleveland right now. Amazing what competent ownership can do.

Galaxy had a weird week. Ola Kamara left for China and Gio was bought out to get down to 4 DPs.

Watching a Crew game on cable in Cleveland right now. Amazing what competent ownership can do.
    Seen some Twitter mention of lots of empty seats, though.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    It’s better than it has been that last few years, but it’s not full. Couple empty sections in the upper deck.

The weather also sucks, which I’m sure is a factor.

It’s better than it has been that last few years, but it’s not full. Couple empty sections in the upper deck.

The weather also sucks, which I’m sure is a factor.
    Reported attendance was just shy of 18k.

The crowd sounded like it had some presence while watching on TV today. I'm not sure if that was more to do with the full Nordecke or FSOhio having a bigger production budget.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Attendance 17,931. Based on what I saw, its about right. The only section I saw that was completely empty was the one they usually hold back tor visiting supporters. But they need to find a way to get more people in those yellow midfield seats. Having a few rows of empty seats there stands out more than elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Reported attendance was just shy of 18k.

The crowd sounded like it had some presence while watching on TV today. I'm not sure if that was more to do with the full Nordecke or FSOhio having a bigger production budget.
    Both, probably. Having a sports network that knows what they're doing helps. I'd note that having a real radio broadcast rather than a TV simulcast was nice when I had to start cooking dinner at the half.

Here's a tweet with a good shot of the stands.
    https://twitter.com/ColumbusCrewSC/s...811133445?s=19

You'd like to see a sell out for Opening Day, but 18k isn't too bad for 40 degrees and overcast. Bodes well for when weather improves I think.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

20. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-02-2019)

https://www.oregonlive.com/resizer/Q...6MKBLMVMOA.jpg

Rapids/Timbers in snow

Coldest game in MLS history: 18 at kickoff

3-3 draw
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

22. Likes:

Redsfaithful (03-02-2019),Revering4Blue (03-03-2019),Yachtzee (03-02-2019)

Turn Off Ads?