Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MLS 2019 - The Crew is Saved and Hell is Real

Re: MLS 2019 - The Crew is Saved and Hell is Real

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    You'd like to see a sell out for Opening Day, but 18k isn't too bad for 40 degrees and overcast. Bodes well for when weather improves I think.
    I've heard they are still working on requests/leads they've gotten for corporate sales and season tickets. Apparently, the previous regime did nothing to prepare for this season, and a number of people had either quit or left to join Precourt in Austin. They've actually had to bring in people from the Cleveland Browns to help get things up to speed for the start of the season. Supposedly, they've been making great progress and are looking at a record number of season ticket sales.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Likes:

Redsfaithful (03-02-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Galaxy beat the Fire on a Zlatan header. Time for FC Cincinnati's debut in Seattle.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

FC Cincinnati gets their first goal in franchise history. Bertone puts the Knifey Lions up 1-0 against the run of play.

6. Likes:

Chip R (03-02-2019)

Seattle up 4-1. I'm wondering if FCC's Alvas Powell will be Seattle's Man of the Match.

8. Likes:

schmidty622 (03-03-2019)

Nice opening weekend. LAFC wins it in the 95th minute in probably the most dramatic win.

Feel a little bad for FCC opening on the road against Seattle and Atlanta. Welcome to the league kids haha

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Nice opening weekend. LAFC wins it in the 95th minute in probably the most dramatic win.

Feel a little bad for FCC opening on the road against Seattle and Atlanta. Welcome to the league kids haha
    It's better than opening with 10 games on the road.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It's better than opening with 10 games on the road.
    You get 10 straight and 11 of 12 at home to close the season though. Just got to keep your head above water until May. Even if you have around 12 points by the first home game you’ll be in good shape.

You get 10 straight and 11 of 12 at home to close the season though. Just got to keep your head above water until May. Even if you have around 12 points by the first home game you’ll be in good shape.
    As I said before when it was pointed out to me that I had it backwards, it makes for great momentum if they can make the playoffs. Just hope this cold weather nation-wide doesn't create some season-ending injuries throughout the leagie.

Hoping for 2-3-5 for 11 points. Gave the first one away in stoppage time.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-05-2019 at 02:06 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

As I said before when it was pointed out to me that I had it backwards, it makes for great momentum if they can make the playoffs. Just hope this cold weather nation-wide doesn't create some season-ending injuries throughout the leagie.

Hoping for 2-3-5 for 11 points. Gave the first one away in stoppage time.
    Yeah it would be great if it would warm up. The Crew for example have a ton of home games early and obviously want to show some good attendance figures. Being 25 degrees doesn’t help any of that.

Yeah it would be great if it would warm up. The Crew for example have a ton of home games early and obviously want to show some good attendance figures. Being 25 degrees doesn’t help any of that.
    The Crew always has to deal with that because they have to block out a sizeable chunk of the summer to accommodate the State Fair and the American Quarter Horse Congress. When the new downtown stadium is built, they shouldn't have that problem anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    The Crew always has to deal with that because they have to block out a sizeable chunk of the summer to accommodate the State Fair and the American Quarter Horse Congress. When the new downtown stadium is built, they shouldn't have that problem anymore.
    I’ve always been curious why they don’t try to incorporate games into the fair schedule. They don’t use the stadium right? Just seems like an opportunity to maybe have a few more casual fans stumble into a soccer game. But yeah won’t matter in a couple years anyway.

I’ve always been curious why they don’t try to incorporate games into the fair schedule. They don’t use the stadium right? Just seems like an opportunity to maybe have a few more casual fans stumble into a soccer game. But yeah won’t matter in a couple years anyway.
    Parking issues. They use the lots at Mapfre for Fair and AQHC parking.

17. Likes:

Chip R (03-06-2019)

Congratulations to the Crew on giving NE their first home-opener loss in 13 years, a shutout at that.

19. Likes:

Redsfaithful (03-09-2019),Revering4Blue (03-17-2019),Yachtzee (03-09-2019)

Congratulations to the Crew on giving NE their first home-opener loss in 13 years, a shutout at that.
    I actually went out to a watch party in Akron. It was a lot of fun. It was also the first time I've gone out to a bar where they not only put the Crew game on the TV, but also turned off the music and played the audio for the game. Not only that, but today was the St. Patrick's Parade for Akron, so there were quite a few people coming in from that. In the past, bars around here would definitely kept the sound for the game off and played Irish music to cater to the St. Patty's crowd.

There were a number of watch parties in Columbus, as well as ones in Akron, Cleveland, and Dayton, that I know of. There could have been more. It seems like the whole ordeal of the last year has really fired people up to do more to support the club.

21. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (03-09-2019),Kingspoint (03-10-2019)

I was there. Steffen had a great game. His outlet pass that sprung the late goal was spectacular.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

23. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-10-2019),paintmered (03-10-2019),Yachtzee (03-09-2019)

Turn Off Ads?