Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Who lands where to open 2019?

Making A Pass By GABP OhioRiverBarge's Avatar

Who lands where to open 2019?

Just curious to hear everyone’s thoughts on where some of our top prospects will start the season and maybe where they’ll end up.

Preliminary thoughts to get it rolling. I don’t think I need to give RZ permission to argue against these. Please do.

Here goes:

1. Senzel - AAA (MLB by May)
    2. Trammell - AA (AAA by July, Sept Call Up?)
    3. Greene - A+ (AA by July)
    4. India - A+ (finishes at AA, starts next year at AAA)
    5. Santillan - Depends on who Reds keep in the bullpen and who starts in AAA, but I’m going to guess he stays put in AA for at least another half season. Maybe finishes in Louisville unless he takes a step back.
    6. Stephenson - Entire year at AA
    7. Siri - AAA or AA. Can’t decide.
    8. Gutierrez - similar problem as Santillan, but my guess is if either are rushed to AAA it’s him.
    9. Friedl - Wherever Siri isn’t
    10. Long - AA for the season
    "In our sundown perambulations of late through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base,' a certain game of ball. We wish such sights were more common among us...The game of ball is glorious..." -Walt Whitman, 1846

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who lands where to open 2019?

4. I really hope that India gets pushed and ends the year at AAA. Most years, I would say that it wasn't a possibility with how conservative the franchise is with promotions. However, things seem to be shifting a bit, so I just don't know now.
    5. Likewise, I think Santillan moves up to AAA fairly quickly.
    7. Definitely AA for Siri. He didn't exactly light the league on fire last year.

4. Likes:

OhioRiverBarge (01-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRiverBarge View Post
    Just curious to hear everyone’s thoughts on where some of our top prospects will start the season and maybe where they’ll end up.

Preliminary thoughts to get it rolling. I don’t think I need to give RZ permission to argue against these. Please do.

Here goes:

1. Senzel - AAA (MLB by May)
    2. Trammell - AA (AAA by July, Sept Call Up?)
    3. Greene - A+ (AA by July)
    4. India - A+ (finishes at AA, starts next year at AAA)
    5. Santillan - Depends on who Reds keep in the bullpen and who starts in AAA, but I’m going to guess he stays put in AA for at least another half season. Maybe finishes in Louisville unless he takes a step back.
    6. Stephenson - Entire year at AA
    7. Siri - AAA or AA. Can’t decide.
    8. Gutierrez - similar problem as Santillan, but my guess is if either are rushed to AAA it’s him.
    9. Friedl - Wherever Siri isn’t
    10. Long - AA for the season
    My guesses on where they start:

1. Senzel - What you said. Short stay in AAA to prevent burning extra service time.
    2. Trammell - AA
    3. Greene - A+
    4. India - A+
    5. Santillan - AA
    6. Stephenson - AA
    7. Siri - AA
    8. Gutierrez - AAA
    9. Friedl - AA
    10. Long - AAA
    Wanted: Big Red Mechanic

Robert Stephenson should be cut. That's just unconscious knowledge.

6. Likes:

Old school 1983 (01-13-2019)

A Double-A team with Friedl, Siri, and Trammell across the OF will be fun to watch.

Add Tyler Stephenson at catcher, Isabel and maybe Nick Longhi at 1B, Alfredo Rodriguez, and perhaps Ventura at 2B and as a fourth OF.

Ventura 2B
    Friedl OF
    Trammell OF
    Siri OF
    Isabel 1B/DH
    T. Stephenson C
    Longhi 1B/ OF/ DH
    3B
    A. Rodriguez SS

Mix in Santillan, Scott Moss, Wennington Romero, Tejay Antone, and Ryan Olson as a starting staff, and a plethora of high upside relief arms.

Even lesser guys might have cups of coffee in the majors. C Chris Okey might find a way to hit enough to be adequate; he'll probably be in AA. (I have Tromp and Graterol in AAA to start the season.) Daniel Sweet has decent enough numbers to perhaps be a call-up eventually. Malik Collymore too.

That team should be pretty solid across the board with guys who'll play in the majors at a whole bunch of spots.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 01-13-2019 at 01:31 PM.

8. Likes:

OhioRiverBarge (01-13-2019)

The most interesting questions about where prospects will go are between Dayton and Daytona.

Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. -- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Likes:

Benihana (01-14-2019),BillDoran (01-13-2019)

I'd like to see Gutierrez stay in AA to start the year, Siri as well.

I can see the argument either way with Shed. I'd probably be inclined to keep him in AA for a month, where he hopefully rakes, then send him up to Louisville.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

Did I read that right? Two Ss prospects/warm bodies in the entire farm?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Turn Off Ads?