Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

Re: 2019 NFL Season

And the Ravens replace Eric Weddle with Earl Thomas.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Honey Badger to the Chiefs.

Add him to Eric Berry. Wow.
    And Berry is released
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The Bears signed a kicker named Chris Blewitt after the kicker they had last season really blew it in the playoffs.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-13-2019),UKFlounder (03-13-2019)

Ravens also signed Mark Ingram.

Everybody getting better but the Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    The Bears signed a kicker named Chris Blewitt after the kicker they had last season really blew it in the playoffs.
    They could have traded for Succop.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

8. Likes:

blumj (03-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by puca View Post
    Which is why they should have dealt with him at the beginning of last calendar year and not waited until the July deadline. Whether they engaged with the contract extension too late or thought Bell would blink, they made a huge mistake letting the July deadline come without having him signed.
    The NFL trading period each season begins after the deadline to designate Franchise/Transition players. The couldn't trade him until mid-March and after that, he had no functional trade value unless he signed the offer sheet.

The Steelers had actually tried for the past two years to negotiate an extension, so they weren't sitting on their hands. As it turns out, Bell didn't flinch, but didn't get nearly the amount of money he was looking for and signed for fewer (a lot less) total dollars than Pittsburgh had previously offered him. The guaranteed money from the Jets looks like more, but when you factor in the 14.5 M he lost last season, he's not really ahead.

And then there's the fact that he has to play for the Jets. Especially considering his eye rolling snarky tweet last year when a Jets tried to recruit him. That city is going to eat him alive if he shows any signs of rust.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Ravens also signed Mark Ingram.

Everybody getting better but the Bengals.
    I don't think Ingram moves the needle but Earl Thomas might have a yr or two left in the tank

Tyrod secures another backup gig. 2 year deal with chargers. And AJ McCarron loses his. Released by Raiders. Keeping Peterman as backup.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 03-14-2019 at 05:24 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Tyrod secures another backup gig. 2 year deal with chargers. And AJ McCarron loses his. Released by Raiders. Keeping Peterman as backup.
    I figure the plan is to use one of those middle round picks on a guy like Greer or someone Gruden loves.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Mahomes better stop drinking the water around K.C., while the team needs to instill some counseling across the board among their players

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Brooke Pryor and Steve Vockrodt of the Kansas City Star report Tyreek Hill is being investigated for alleged battery.

No charges have been filed as of Friday afternoon, though police in Overland Park are still investigating. Hill's son was reportedly injured in the alleged battery, suffering a broken arm. A police report obtained by the Kansas City Star was dated on Thursday, though it's unclear when the incident occurred. Hill's fiancee, Crystal Espinal, was mentioned in the report and has been in contact with police, according to the Star. Hill is no stranger to controversy. He was booted from Oklahoma State in 2014 following a domestic violence incident against Espinal, who was pregnant at the time. Hill later pled guilty to domestic assault and battery by strangulation. It's another PR nightmare for the Chiefs, who dealt with a similar incident involving Kareem Hunt last year. Even if Hill avoids charges, he could be facing a lengthy suspension, especially considering his sordid off-field history.

SOURCE: Kansas City Star
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Burfict signs with the Raiders for 1 year $5 million.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1108164063253680129

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Burfict signs with the Raiders for 1 year $5 million.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1108164063253680129
    Please let them be on Hard Knocks.

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-20-2019),Revering4Blue (03-21-2019)

Gronk has retired according to his Instagram.

'https://es.pn/2YgOrIh
    Last edited by Chip R; 03-24-2019 at 06:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Gronk has retired according to his Instagram.
    Wow. Good for him he has too many opportunities to keep putting his body through that. I'll be interested to see what he does next. I heard something about WWE, which seems like a good fit.

Surprised there's no chatter here about the owners 31-1 vote to allow PI calls or non calls on instant replay. I'm surprised it passed so convincingly. I think this has the potential to be a real mess. Not so much with coaches challenges 'cause that's still limited but how 'bout on scoring plays and the last 2 mins of a game? I can see all kinds of calls getting overturned because of a PI reversal or calling one where no call was made. They're taking a real chance with this

Turn Off Ads?